New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day,

I'm new to your board so I hope you don't mind me introducing myself to you in this way.

My partner and I are Emmy award winning producers from Northern California. Two years ago we started working on a film about street gangs invading rural California. Due to my repeated contact with gang members, it was recommend that I obtain a CCW permit - which I did. The process led to me learn about the backward gun laws of California compared to the rest of the Union. Through research I discovered that there has never been a positive documentary about the 2nd Amendment and gun ownership in America.

Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire will be such a film. Supported by the CalGuns Foundation and Second Amendment Foundation, this PTV/PBS documentary will look at how California is the front line in gun control battle. The film will look at the current assault weapon ban proposals in California and Washington, DC, as well as, CCW permitting across the USA.

Here are a few links to learn more about the film:

ASSAULTED by Kris Koenig - Kickstarter (Our Kickstarter funding campaign where you can see the trailer)

http://www.AssaultedFilm.com (The project website)

http://www.examiner.com/article/docu...rms-under-fire (An article from the Examiner)

Thank you for reading this post.

· Registered
1,864 Posts
From the trailer, it appears to me that we here in NYS should pay close attention to this film, 'cause if it is not already happening here, it is coming down the road. Good luck with the film and keep us posted on when and where it will air.

· Registered
2,442 Posts
The question is, will PBS air it? They're not exactly known for their right wing views.

· Registered
118 Posts
this is a film i will watch,thanks for the post. gun laws aren't for safety,there for population control or should i say to keep the population under control more easily. arming ones self is the basis of this democracy, the point being to keep it from becoming a dictatorship which it unfortunately seems to be heading towards. I'm not a militia member but i will defend my home during civil unrest or unconstitutional(unlawful) government intrusion. that being said i hope for universal peace and good will to all people.

· I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,805 Posts
A couple of ideas to hit on in the documentary could be that during WW2 Japan was afraid to invade US because everyone had a gun. Also crime statistics after gun control laws go into effect. Especially Australia when they banned all firearms the fact that crime shot up.

Looks like it will be an interesting documentary and cant wait for it to come out.

· Registered
1,051 Posts
"A couple of ideas to hit on in the documentary could be that during WW2 Japan was afraid to invade US because everyone had a gun." I have actually heard that was myth.
From Reuters:
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.
There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."
- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
(Japanese Navy)

· Registered
2,442 Posts
We've done work for them before, and they like us. I think they are looking forward to a doc that is a different than what typically gets aired.
Because that is what they'll get ~
Excellent. I look forward to viewing your work.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
From Reuters:
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.
There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."
- Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto
(Japanese Navy)

I have heard this too. We are hoping to find anyone who might have something to add on the Japanese Internment camps, as those that owned guns had them taken away.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hiya, Folks –
I want to thank everyone for the support of our documentary,
“Assaulted: Civil Rights Under Fire.”
We have reached our goal for initial funding, and are now officially in production.
Thanks again for all of your ideas, information and viewpoints; its good to know you are here and ready for this film to be made!

Anita
Dead Patriot Films

· Registered
3,216 Posts
Can't wait to see this. Thank you for supporting our right and trying to enlighten people about it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.