New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my mother went the her doctors the other day, and they had her fill out that form with all her medical history like usual. At the very bottom the last question was " do you own any firearms?" WTF if that isn't an invasion on privacy idk was is. she left it blank i would have wrote " Fu*& OFF"

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
my mother went the her doctors the other day, and they had her fill out that form with all her medical history like usual. At the very bottom the last question was " do you own any firearms?" WTF if that isn't an invasion on privacy idk was is. she left it blank i would have wrote " Fu*& OFF"
Although I share your sentiment, I would be careful with what you write. Don't give them any reason to think you have anger problems. Just put N/A.

·
Registered
585 Posts
My 8 Year Old had a regular chek up appointment, and there was a girl there who asked me to fill out information, and there was question about whether there was a gun in the home. That was the only one I left blank. Supposedly it was anonymous information they were gathering. Amazing the level of spying on citizens.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it was sarcasm, i wouldn't actually write that lol thanks for.the heads up though
Although I share your sentiment, I would be careful with what you write. Don't give them any reason to think you have anger problems. Just put N/A.

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Answer the question with a NO, if you leave it blank they'll ASSUME you do.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Say no. They don't have any legal recourse for providing false information.

These days people just don't seem to understand the employer/employee relationship.

A doctor is your employee because you are paying him to do a job for you. I don't let my employees question me about my personal life, or anything non job related. They work for me.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I was asked the gun question a few years ago, and the followup to that was do I feel safe in my home. I said "I'm 40 years old and live alone, no, I do not think the boogeyman will get me".

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
My wife is a practicing family physician. This has been on her question-airs since residency. She has explained to me that she asks for general knowledge, like if there are safety locks on the cabinets where kids might have access to household cleaners. That being said, I still dont like it. THAT being said, YOU DONT have to answer it. It's NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!

My doctor (in the same practice) has recently (since someone brought it up and he is uber pro-2A) taken it off his question-airs, and has a simple statement in place something to the effect of "If you have guns in the house, please keep them locked up and out of reach of the hands of children. Please teach your children about responsible firearm handling (Leave it alone, tell an adult...) in case they encounter a firearm at a friends house."

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
Answer the question with a NO, if you leave it blank they'll ASSUME you do.
I agree with this. Anything but a No will mean you have many guns to them! A yes might be a gun or two to them. None of your business or NA will make you a gun nut to them.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
questionnaire*

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
A doctor is your employee because you are paying him to do a job for you. I don't let my employees question me about my personal life, or anything non job related. They work for me.
no he's not. He is providing A service. You are paying for that service.

Maybe you can try the "you work for me" the next time you get pulled over.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Maybe people should answer *I hate guns*. Then you are neither admitting having one or not. Hey, owning a gun can be a love hate relationship..

·
Registered
164 Posts
I like the N/A answer. In this state I will not give a medical professional any more information than that about firearms. The state has been interposed between them and us and therefore my trust level has been compromised.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Try the old government employee answer. "I can neither confirm nor deny that I own or ever owned any firearms". Then if they press you for an answer just say "I can not recall".

1 - 20 of 20 Posts