New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
2,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, its that "spooky" time of year, again. Time for some stories.

Do any of you believe in ghost (can be spirits, demons, w/e).

Do I? Yes, to an extent. Why?

I'm one of those people who don't believe anything until I experience it myself. The house that I previously lived in, however, had an awry nature about it.

I had two major experiences where I was touched and scratched by "something". I also had some other experiences, but will not go into detail about them.

The first experience happened in my bed room when I felt something grab my arm, firmly, pulling me in its direction. As I tried to break away from whatever grabbed me, it scratched me. Not believing what just happened, I turned on the light and looked at my arm. 3-4 distinct scratch marks on my arms....should have taken a picture but this was before the whole digital picture revolution and I did not have camera at the time.

Second encounter, same house. Walking through the basement when my parents shut the door on me. As I made my way to the door and grabbed the handle, something once again, grabbed my left arm and pulled me away from the door. It was a familiar touch and I could see the outline of a deformed hand from what little light was still in the room (the lights were turned off on me, but there was enough light coming from underneath the door to see outlines). Once again, I managed to break free.

Both cases, very odd. No one was playing a prank on me on both cases, I know this for a fact. It was also not caused by objects within the house. The grip on my arm was very firm and the force pulling me back towards whatever it was, was entirely physical and violent. There was no way it was an inanimate object.

Whether you believe my story or not, all I have to say is that I am glad my family moved out of that house. Ever since we moved I have not experienced any of the aforementioned problems.

So, what do you have to share? :)

· Registered
2,130 Posts
I don't have any stories like yours. Mine are mainly just normal run in's I guess you can call them. Spotting a shadow, something moving for no reason, etc. My ex had a few instances where she was woken up and some dark shadow was trying to pull her out of her bed by her foot but she would have scratches on her shin and calf. Very weird thing. Never would happen if I was there with her.

I'm going off topic here quickly. A friend of mine who has a psychic trait in his family(mainly his grandmother who does palm reading and other things, but he also has some abilities).

I'll quickly tell you the story of when I first met his grandmother. I went over on Christmas eve just to hang out since my family was driving me insane plus I bought him a box of federal target load shells for his shotgun for Christmas. I walked in the door and said hi to everyone then his grandmother introduced herself shook my hand(found it slightly odd but might just be her way of quickly judging someone's character). After that she started walking back towards the kitchen where her and his mom were cooking and she looked like she was whispering something to him. Ended up being that she wanted him to ask if it was alright for her to do a palm reading because she had some strong sense when she shook my hand and was very interested in knowing what it was about me. I agreed and she ended up getting everything right. None of this very vague **** that you get from those "psychics" at the mall or in the newspaper. It was very specific. Some of the things she mentioned my friend didn't even know about. There was also something else that she mentioned to him after I had left which I wasn't told about until this next part.

I mentioned to him about how these things had been happening to my ex when I wasn't there and he said it was because something about me gave off a very intimidating sense to spirits. I asked how he knew that and he said that he has been picking up on it and his grandmother also said something about it to him after I left that day but didn't want to say it to me because she didn't want to freak me out. So apparently my aura or whatever it is being intimidating/strong is what kept whatever it was away from my ex while I was there. I have had instances where I have sensed things that didn't feel right in my vicinity but nothing has ever bothered me. Only thing's that I've noticed were what most would refer to as "friendlies".

· Registered
1,841 Posts
I remember once, when I was young, I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't move. My eyes were open and it was nearly pitch black, except for a tiny bit of light coming through the basement window in my bedroom, which seemed to be reflecting off of a mylar balloon caught on my ceiling fan turning at a very low speed. When I woke up, there was no balloon, my fan was off (and wouldn't turn at that low of a speed to begin with), and my keyed door was still locked. I found out after I got home from school that my grandma had passed away that night.

Now, I don't believe in anything supernatural, but that was just too strange to forget.

· Registered
651 Posts
When I was 17 I saw my grandmother. This was 27 years ago and I can still remember it as clearly now as it happened then. She had passed away a few weeks earlier. I was sitting in the living room watching TV with the family. I noticed a movement and looked toward the hallway leading to the bedrooms. Standing there looking at me was my grandmother. She was wearing all white. I could easily make out her facial features and her entire body. Except for her feet. I didn't see any feet. It was as if a live person was standing there looking at me. She stayed for a few seconds and then turned around and disapeared. I was wide awake and not even thinking about her.

· Registered
8,394 Posts
i was fishing alone one time off shore , and behind me was a gravel path , we all know what the sound of someone walking an gravel sounds like. its unmistakeable. so im fishing and hear someone walking down the path toward me, i hear did ya catch anything i said no and turned around , there wasnt a soul around, i have no clue how this happened .the next day they pulled a suacide victim out the water right where i was fishing . dont know if thats a real ghost story, i didnt see nothing, but it was creepy as hell.

· Registered
1,111 Posts
Come to my house,'lots of nutty stuff goes on. Seems to be 2 ghosts, one a little boy & an older woman. I thought my wife and kids where full of BS, until I watched a chair move from the carpet to the hard wood floors, happens a lot when watching "Friends" & "Golden Girls". When little kids come over, the go to the stair way and point at the stairs and say boy. Many nights I have woken up to hearing a kid playing, only to see my daughters toys out. I've hear my youngest daughter yell at night to tell the boy to stop cause she wants to sleep. My oldest daughter says an older woman keeps pulling her hair, maybe because she's a brat. I've been told to wake up, only to look down and watch my blankets being pulled off by something. You'll hear someone running around the up stairs. I left a ball in part of the up stairs at tends to be moved a cross the floor, figure the boy might want a ball to play with other than girl toys, lol.
Whatever they made be, they seem to do their thing and we do ours.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
I believe in "ghosts" as much as I believe in Psychics and holistic medicine. (I don't.)

;)

· I wish I were an Oscar Meyer Weiner
6,805 Posts
The only weird experiences I have had were all in Washington D.C. Keep in mind the war of 1812 took place in D.C. where I was.

My first one I was in my Barracks room in bed during the day trying to sleep. I had to work that night and my roommate was already on post. So I was laying in bed with my black fleece blanket pulled over my head and I was smacked in the face hard. I immediately pulled off blanket and looked around room and no one was there and I could still feel the sting on my face.

The next weird expeience took place in my new barracks room after they built it. This time it was at night and I was again trying to sleep for work in the morning and my roomate was on post again as the Corporal of the guard. This time the shower turned on full blast for about 30 seconds and all the lights were off. after the shower turned off I got out of bed turned on the lights and saw that the inside of the shower was wet from being on. I called my roommate at work and told him about it and he told me to shut up because he didnt want to hear about it lol (he was afraid of ghosts lol). I know no one was in there because I could see the door from my bed.

This next one happened when I was standing post at the oldest post in the Marine Corps at the washington navy yard. I was standing post with another guy there and we were on duty for about 3 hours maybe just talking. I was looking down this street that had cars parked on the left side of the road and about 10 feet to the left of that was a row of trees and a field on the other side of the trees. About 50 yards down the street I saw what I can only describe as a orange person run from the trees to behind a car. I told the guy I was working with what I had just seen. Another bit you need to know is that our Sergeant of the Guard liked to try and sneak up on us to see if we were paying attention lol. Anyways I had the guy I was working with look down the street while I checked it out so that way no one could sneak away while I was checking things out. I walked down the street and looked under, inside, and all around each vehicle but no one was there.

Last one happened at same post as story above. This time I had probably been working for about 5 hours at night when it happened. about 40 feet away was a fire house. This time I saw the lower half of a person that was blue from about mid torso down to feet walking from side of fire house into street for about 5 seconds before disappearing.

The stories above are what I personally witnessed and I have heard stories from others but I think like most people here others stories dont hold much weight unless they see it for themselves so I wont bother posting those.

· Banned
5,971 Posts
I have a few stories, couple from the hospital I work in, one from an apartment i lived in and one from a club my friends wife works in, i'll post later, on my way out right now

6,805 Posts
This isnt a real ghost story but a prank we pulled lol. I was posted inside watching cameras and as the security dispatcher on the radio. We had a new guy posted at the main gate which had a band hall next to it with steps leading up to it.

On previous "ghost hunting" adventures we had done lol we saw a cardboard cut out of a old school Marine that looked like the Captain Morgan guy lol.

So anyways I had the other roving security guys go upstairs and grab the cardboard guy and place it inside the band hall doors. Once they were in position I called the post stander by the gate and just started talking to him about ghost stuff and telling him all sorts of stuff. I was also watching him on camera too. Well the guys in the band hall hit the handicap door button and hid out of sight as the doors automatically opened. The post standers jaw dropped and then he dropped the phone as he saw the captain morgan figure staring at him lol. He picked up the phone and was stuttering a bit trying to tell me what he had just seen.

I told him not to worry and I dispatched roving security to his location. They hid the cardboard guy and took hallways to come out far away from the band hall and met up with the post stander. One of the roving guards assumed duties at the gate while the other went with the scared guy to see where he say the man lol. Needless to say nothing was there and we let him think about it until shift was over and told him what we had done lol.

· Registered
449 Posts
House that I lived in, was home to 3 spirits, only reason I miss the house was one of the spirits was my daughter. My step children told me many of times that they saw her in their bedroom, sitting on the floor, or in her bedroom sitting on the bed. We'd all go away for something and come back to toys all over the place.

She's my guardian angel, I was in a bad accident, and died from it. I saw her standing at the door way of the E.R, she told me, I still get goose bumps from this years from when it happened. She told me " We dont want you daddy" She then held out her hand and walked me over to my body and told me " I love you" Then I just remember waking up a week later from a coma

6,805 Posts
I just remembered another strange thing that happened. My senior year I went to this club by the Rochester Airport that had a rotating dance floor and it was wet T-shirt contest night lol. Anyways a buddy I was there with said they saw this guy John we knew. I told him he had to be mistaken because a few weeks earlier he had died in the navy from apparently falling off a ship into the water while docked I believe. Regardless though it was in the paper he had died and I guess a week before this incident they had the funeral and he was cremated.

So I told my friend it was impossible to have seen him. Later that night though John had walked up to my friend and I and starting talking to us and I told him I thought he was dead. He said he wasn't and I was just dumbfounded. Later we went and saw is girlfriend and told her and she flipped out on us and said it wasnt possible and that he was dead. a few weeks later though she came to us and said he had faked his death to get out of the navy. But what doesnt make sense to me is it has to be impossible to fake your own death in the military unless the military wants you too.

Plus he wasn't the brightest guy so I cant see him being used for black ops stuff or anything like that where they would want to fake his death lol. So it was just weird all around.

· Registered
7,703 Posts
Every night for 5 years I slept with a soul sucking succubus. I managed to escape over 20 years ago but still it shows up at my mothers constantly.

Brrr just got the heebee jeebees thing about it.

I have more;)

· Registered
8,342 Posts
House that I lived in, was home to 3 spirits, only reason I miss the house was one of the spirits was my daughter. My step children told me many of times that they saw her in their bedroom, sitting on the floor, or in her bedroom sitting on the bed. We'd all go away for something and come back to toys all over the place.

She's my guardian angel, I was in a bad accident, and died from it. I saw her standing at the door way of the E.R, she told me, I still get goose bumps from this years from when it happened. She told me " We dont want you daddy" She then held out her hand and walked me over to my body and told me " I love you" Then I just remember waking up a week later from a coma
Of course I am very sorry for your lose and the accident you were in. I liked your post because of the last "I love you" you got.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.