New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As noted in other posts about donating to Astorino's campaign, if we want to take back control over NY politics and protect of Second Amendment Rights, the gun owner's of NY need to dig deep and help finance local pro-2A candidates as well as Astorino! Cuomo has a campaign chest of over $35 MILLION. Millions of gun owners in NY have the potential to make a HUGE difference in the November election by VOTING and CONTRIBUTING to campaigns!!!

Assuming 2 Million gun owners in NY (I'm sure someone will correct me), if only 25% donate $20 (price of 1 box 9MM) to pro-2A candidates, that would amount to $10,000,000!!!! Make it $40 each and were up to $20,000,000. Now if 50% donated $40 each or $40 MILLION, that would exceed Cuomo's entire war chest!!!

Again IF WE'RE SERIOUS about taking back control of NY politics, VOTE and DONATE!!!!

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
There's allegedly some 6 million gun owners in NY. If only 2 million donated $15 Rob would match mario's child's funds and be off to the races. It's going to take money to win this thing, there's no way around it.
Rob was outspent almost 5 to 1 when he ran in heavily DemocRATic Westchester County the first time. Some 5 1/2 million to his just over 1 million. He can do it with less than mario's child but he's going to need money nontheless.
This is it, this is the opportunity to get rid of mario's child, just think what will happen if he wins a second term. mario's child has already made a deal with Klein to take over the state Senate, do you wonder why?
Help Rob out, even $5 will do, give what you can.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
My experience in raising funds among a large group of plaintiffs in a long - and ultimately successful - court fight against an unconstitutional local law taught me that there are a great many people who will never lift a finger to shoulder the burden of battle, even when it is in their own best interest to do so.

Rather than imagining we need $5 each from a few million, we need to retrain our sights to cover a target where those who do give need to give bigger. Of course all donations are welcome; but if you've already given $20, you need to give $100. If you've given $100, you need to give $500. If you've given $500, you need to give $1000.

Rob Astorino doesn't need $38,000,000 to win this election; Cuomo does because he's trying to sell voters a turd.

III% of 6,000,000 @ only $100 each = $18,000,000. That will get the job done nicely.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
ive donated twice, I also asked NYSRPA to use their membership emails to try and get everyone to donate $5 or $10 but didnt quite get the response I would have hoped for.

Im gonna reach out for SCOPE as well and see if they can do a drive.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Sent in $20 for now, wish I could do more.
Good for you Bill! Every little bit will help. I have been donating $20-$25 on my paydays for a while now.

I rationalize the expense by thinking how easy it would be to drop $20 in a gin mill during a 2 week period. Which I don't so I give to Astorino instead.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
im gonna reach out for SCOPE as well and see if they can do a drive.
I know that this is the age where the Democrats don't obey the laws but they are the ones in power. They were also in power when they wrote the IRS rules about political organizations. SCOPE would be targeted and destroyed by the IRS if they did that. They cannot endorse or work for any individual. They can only educate members. Here in the land of the free.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sent in my $20.

Sent in $20 for now, wish I could do more.
Heck Bill, even 5 dollars is better than no dollars.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Although SCOPE can not directly support candidates, the SCOPE PAC can. I've donated about $200 to SCOPE PAC and $150 to Astorino so far. Funding is CRITICAL but above all VOTES are the objective!!!!!!!!!! As the saying goes "vote early and vote often" :D

·
Registered
897 Posts
I gave a considerable amount to Rob, they sent a nice letter which thrilled me to pieces. I also gave to several other pro gun entities in the area. But I must say these NY Retardicans are just as F'd up as the Libtards, and I can't justify giving ANY of them one red cent.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
I know that this is the age where the Democrats don't obey the laws but they are the ones in power. They were also in power when they wrote the IRS rules about political organizations. SCOPE would be targeted and destroyed by the IRS if they did that. They cannot endorse or work for any individual. They can only educate members. Here in the land of the free.
good point, I didnt think about that.. but as mentioned below, SCOPEPAC I believe can.

after one simple email to SCOPE Steve Aldstadt called me back personally, so I have to call him back.
SCOPENY is the organization I am most proud to be a member of!

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Time to get rid of the wishbones and put in some backbone.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.