New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So for a while now, I've been printing my own targets from some random sites, but I actually wasn't satisfied with a lot of them, so I went and started my own site... For one, I actually wanted to run it by you guys to gauge demand. I know quite a few people do print out their own targets. But do any of you guys print your own?

My site is: http://targets4free.com

I was really hoping you guys could help me get the ball rolling, as well as give me some criticism. What should I add? What should I be doing better, etc? It would mean a lot guys. Thanks so much!

:D

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ha, that's actually not a bad idea. Ink is free for me at school, and I do take advantage of it, no doubt.

;)

Though I doubt it can get more affordable than your method, it still only costs under 10 cents a page, which really isn't bad considering convenience, not having to ship targets, etc. And it's probably less, considering I try to keep ink usage as low as possible. But definitely to each their own.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Where's my head at? Didn't read your post correctly and didn't notice that these were from your own site. You might add some square or round bullseye targets for us vision impaired folks. Or something with a dark outline.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Where's my head at? Didn't read your post correctly and didn't notice that these were from your own site. You might add some square or round bullseye targets for us vision impaired folks. Or something with a dark outline.
Ha, thanks so much for your feedback. Yup, I'm working on new targets all the time. I've got about 5 I need to finish up. For the Round/Square bullseye targets, you mean like one big target, right? As opposed to the 5 diamond target I put up?

Either that, or I could do multiple variations of each, which is easy enough as well. Anyway, will do. :)

·
Registered
372 Posts
I have been using paper plates with a round orange self stick dot.
I buy a package of 500 ct copy paper when they are on sale and also use orange stick on dots or squares.
Not that I don't want to use your site, but most targets are too busy or have thick black lines and you can't see your bullet strikes unless you walk out to check the target.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I buy a package of 500 ct copy paper when they are on sale and also use orange stick on dots or squares.
Not that I don't want to use your site, but most targets are too busy or have thick black lines and you can't see your bullet strikes unless you walk out to check the target.
Nah, I totally understand. But thanks for your input.

Anything I could do to perhaps pull in a demographic like yours? Just wondering. But then, it's hard to when you still have to go through the process of printing etc. Sticking dots on a piece of paper or a paper plate is still much simpler... :p

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm... How would you feel about multi-page large targets? It's been something I've wanted to add to the site.

Still barely getting any site views per day though... I would really appreciate if you guys would share the site on social media or something. It would be so greatly appreciated.

:eek:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts