New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this is against any rules, or in the wrong section.

But how about a DMP swap, I know lots of guys usually get a second choice tag somewhere out of their own region.

I drew a 7R and would like to trade it for a 7M if anyone is interested. It would save me having to drive over one county to fill a tag.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
I have seen some on craigslist for sale,but thats illegal I think.My county does not have second choice and dont dare to apply for a second DMP in other county cause they denied me first choice once (in my DMP unit) doing that.So just a heads up!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, selling them is illegal, not to mention selfish.

I always apply for 7M first and 7R second. Luckily both are usually high chance, I live in 7M and lots of state land in 7R.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
We havent had any seconds in years (7S) now I see PP needed for second permit (which I dont have).Must of upped the doe tags this year here!Getting my license tomorrow,my shop was closed today and Monday they had computer problems with Super Sportsman licenses not working right.Hope they got that fixed by now...7R is just North of me and yea they do have alot of public land that I heard of!7S is usually always loaded with deer,just hard to find a place to hunt,Pretty much if you don't own land here your screwed....

·
Registered
868 Posts
We havent had any seconds in years (7S) now I see PP needed for second permit (which I dont have).Must of upped the doe tags this year here!Getting my license tomorrow,my shop was closed today and Monday they had computer problems with Super Sportsman licenses not working right.Hope they got that fixed by now...7R is just North of me and yea they do have alot of public land that I heard of!7S is usually always loaded with deer,just hard to find a place to hunt,Pretty much if you don't own land here your screwed....
They are still having the same issue.... My Girlfriend stopped and got hers today, still not printing bow/muz antlerless tag

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I pulled a 7F and a 7J, they get hit on my road quite often... usually one of the neighbors are good for a roadkill tag.

·
MSG
469 Posts
Neat idea, you simply transfer the tag. I have a 5r or a 6r and open to suggestions, or even a swap hunt.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
You can not transfer DMP's from different zones, it must be the same zone. For example if you live in 7R you could transfer yours to somebody that is going to fill it in 7R but you could not transfer it to somebody who is going to fill it in 7M.

·
Registered
868 Posts
You can not transfer DMP's from different zones, it must be the same zone. For example if you live in 7R you could transfer yours to somebody that is going to fill it in 7R but you could not transfer it to somebody who is going to fill it in 7M.
lol really??

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Uh yeah. You cant just trade your 7R tag (or where ever else) for one in a different zone which from reading the comments here is what people seem to think.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Uh yeah. You cant just trade your 7R tag (or where ever else) for one in a different zone which from reading the comments here is what people seem to think.
Sure you can! That's the whole point of this! Say i want to hunt in 7r but have no tag for 7r only 7P.... Now say you want to hunt in 7P but all you have is a tag for 7r. So we trade with each other... My 7p for your 7r. then I can go hunt 7r WITH THE 7R TAG I GOT FROM YOU and you go hunt 7p WITH THE 7P TAG YOU GOT FROM ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and we are all happy!!

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
No you can't.

For example, my father has two doe tags. He is having shoulder surgery and won't be able to hunt for gun season. He is going to transfer them to me so I can fill them when hunting on his land. I can not take those tags and go hunt in a different WMU and fill them.

·
Registered
868 Posts
No you can't.

For example, my father has two doe tags. He is having shoulder surgery and won't be able to hunt for gun season. He is going to transfer them to me so I can fill them when hunting on his land. I can not take those tags and go hunt in a different WMU and fill them.
Wow.... No one is saying or implying that. If that where the case what the hell would be the point of even swapping them if all your gunna do is hunt the same WMU with a tag from another WMU!!!! I added to my example from my post above so maybe it will help you get a better understanding of how this all works....

The "lol really" comment after your first post was meant as somewhat of a joke because everyone knows if you have a 7R tag you cant go use it in 7P.... And from the way I have read everyone's posts no one is trying to do that. But i guess for some apparent reason you think they are???

1 - 20 of 51 Posts