New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I love my LCR, I love 38 special and 357 magnum. However, I think I need a bit of a change up from the same ol same ol.

To replace it, I'm thinking something in the Shield realm of things. 9mm of course. Maybe an XDs in 45? Hmmm decisions. I know some of you have had hard decisions like this. How do you make such a hard decision?

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I penny pinch till I can get one, then strap that on and start penny pinching for the next. lol

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
everyone with a carry permit should have a snubbie. a subcompact semi falls into an entirely differently niche (which should also be filled). keep the LCR and buy a bottom feeder as well! you're welcome.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
everyone with a carry permit should have a snubbie. a subcompact semi falls into an entirely differently niche (which should also be filled). keep the LCR and buy a bottom feeder as well! you're welcome.
Didnt want to get rid of it. Just haven't bought a handgun in 2 years. It's due ;) Unless I find another type of handgun I want, I think another carry gun is in order. I got the Glock 26, though. I hate decisions.

We call the LCR "Elsa" for 2 reasons. For the name LCR and the woman from the game LA Noire. Ya..I am strange.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Well I love my LCR, I love 38 special and 357 magnum. However, I think I need a bit of a change up from the same ol same ol.

To replace it, I'm thinking something in the Shield realm of things. 9mm of course. Maybe an XDs in 45? Hmmm decisions. I know some of you have had hard decisions like this. How do you make such a hard decision?
Love my Shield 9 for CC. Disappears under nothing more than a light t-shirt.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Get the XDS45! You will love it!
I own more handguns then people have fingers and toes and that includes some of you boys on here with webbed feet and I carry two the most.... my XDs in 45 and my LCR.

I opened this hoping you were dumb enough to sell you LCR in 357 bc I was gonna see what the price was gonna be.... Have one in 38spl but wouldn't mind having two.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Well What did ya buy ? Ya never said what ya bought so I figured I would ask ! Cause I just ordered a Wiley Clapp SP 101 and I'm waiting for it to show up . After the breakin , it's going to be held in a Mcoy crossdraw holster in saddle tan . That really caught my eye whe I spied it ! So tell us what's the next victim .

·
Registered
247 Posts
I have XDs .45 and Shield 9. Both are excellent but I prefer XDs, easier to draw quickly from pocket. Easier to grip for me and much more of a rough textured grip to strip the pocket holster away freely to surprise an attacker. Also like the multiple safety feature and it does not require an Apex trigger job like my Shield did. Apex sear replacement is almost mandatory with Shield, but is amazing if you fork over the $25 bucks... well worth it.

Can't wait till fall/winter to get the big guns out :)

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Banana
What did you get?Two years with out buying a gun? I can't go two months with out buying a gun of some type. In the last month I bout three of them.
Out of all of the handguns I've bought the best one was the S&W 642 Airweight 38+P. I bought it because half of the cops I personally know carry one as their BUG. That tells me that they must be a decent handgun when a person that more then likely will use it some day to defend their life or their partners life.
I bought it for $399 just to have it, once I started carrying it I never stopped. It's compact for a revolver, It's accurate for me out to fifty feet (That's the distance I target shoot handguns at), And it conceals nicely. I carry this gun Every Day/All Day loaded with Hornady Critical Defense loads.
I help out at a dairy farm and he calls me to shoot his downs cows, I've shot close to twenty of them with this 642. I just shot three large Holstiens with it this week.
This $399 was the best value ever in the gun department, If I had to choose to own only one gun for conceal carry and home defence it would be the 642 Airweight, I have atleast twenty-five handguns.
I like the SP101s I have but they are to heavy to carry every day, I also have two S&W J frames a 632 in 327 Federal Magnum and a 437 in 38spl + P, I personally like the 642 better. I have several other carry guns , but they are used occasionally when I want to carry something different for a change.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well What did ya buy ? Ya never said what ya bought so I figured I would ask ! Cause I just ordered a Wiley Clapp SP 101 and I'm waiting for it to show up . After the breakin , it's going to be held in a Mcoy crossdraw holster in saddle tan . That really caught my eye whe I spied it ! So tell us what's the next victim .
I havent decided yet :) Maybe I just need a really comfortable holster for my G26. As for the SP101, nice little revolvers. I'm kinda jealous.

Banana
What did you get?Two years with out buying a gun? I can't go two months with out buying a gun of some type. In the last month I bout three of them.
Out of all of the handguns I've bought the best one was the S&W 642 Airweight 38+P. I bought it because half of the cops I personally know carry one as their BUG. That tells me that they must be a decent handgun when a person that more then likely will use it some day to defend their life or their partners life.
I bought it for $399 just to have it, once I started carrying it I never stopped. It's compact for a revolver, It's accurate for me out to fifty feet (That's the distance I target shoot handguns at), And it conceals nicely. I carry this gun Every Day/All Day loaded with Hornady Critical Defense loads.
I help out at a dairy farm and he calls me to shoot his downs cows, I've shot close to twenty of them with this 642. I just shot three large Holstiens with it this week.
This $399 was the best value ever in the gun department, If I had to choose to own only one gun for conceal carry and home defence it would be the 642 Airweight, I have atleast twenty-five handguns.
I like the SP101s I have but they are to heavy to carry every day, I also have two S&W J frames a 632 in 327 Federal Magnum and a 437 in 38spl + P, I personally like the 642 better. I have several other carry guns , but they are used occasionally when I want to carry something different for a change.
I didnt get anything yet. My last handgun purchase was my LCR back in 2012. Still deciding. I hate making these decisions. It's almost like life or death.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
I havent decided yet :) Maybe I just need a really comfortable holster for my G26. As for the SP101, nice little revolvers. I'm kinda jealous.

I didnt get anything yet. My last handgun purchase was my LCR back in 2012. Still deciding. I hate making these decisions. It's almost like life or death.
I'm still waiting as they said it had to come from the warehouse but it should be a shooter as most of them are . If not there are vids on YouTube to help me install anything to make it shoot better ! Plus buds had the best price going . Plus free shipping ( ya can't beat that ). Now the wife wants one so I'm thinking about one with a 3 inch barrel ! Let you know how they work out !

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I think you will miss having a 13 ouch (or 17 if you have the magnum) pocket pistol. Might want to consider others in that weight class. An XDS or shield will weigh nearly 2 pounds with a fully loaded magazine.

·
Registered
766 Posts

Consider a trade for an LC9?

·
Registered
255 Posts
The new thing about to hit the market is the walther ccp. It has an interest concept for mitigating some of the recoil as well.

Personally I am going to be trading my taurus slim for either the walther or maybe the ruger lcp as i dont have a revolver yet.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts