New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking around for a discreet case for a bit and was just wondering if anyone knew where i could pick up one locally that will fit a ar.
thanks guys!

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
What type of rifle is it for? An AR can be split into upper/lower sections then you can fit it in a bow case.

·
Registered
687 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What type of rifle is it for? An AR can be split into upper/lower sections then you can fit it in a bow case.
its a Smith and Wesson m&p 15. i guess by discreet i mean not the traditional rifle case with mag pouches on the outside and all. Ive seen them from UTG and a couple other brands.. I am just trying to find a local place that sells them.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
its a Smith and Wesson m&p 15. i guess by discreet i mean not the traditional rifle case with mag pouches on the outside and all. Ive seen them from UTG and a couple other brands.. I am just trying to find a local place that sells them.
Something like this? Gander Mountain® > Browning 48 Buck Mark Scoped Rifle Case - Firearms > Gun Storage & Safes > Soft Cases :

I guess I'm not following the discrete line. Outside of a hard case, your only other option is either a soft bag or a sleeve.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys that castle rock case is pretty much what i am looking for, just hunting one down locally lol.

G

·
Here's a picture of one of my "discreet" rifle cases being off loaded at Sky Harbor Airport.

While standing in line to check in at the Southwest Airline desk in Buffalo an elderly couple was behind me in line. The sweet little old lady turned to her husband and said, "Oh look Frank, he has an bassoon."

I couldn't help but smile.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
No doubt ! That is a nice case....!! Does it have a divider to keep the upper and lower seperated ? And does it have straps to secure the halves ?? If so I might grab one...!!
It has a divider, and two internal mag pouches, but no straps.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
1,205 Posts
Snapped a couple pics when I got home, for reference that is a 16" upper, the lower has a MAGS EFX A1 length stock.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts