New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 20 Posts

· Registered
2,913 Posts
I would assume blanks were legal since the gun shop sold them to civilians. I don't have a BFA I was going to cycle it after each shot. There was not much for discharging a firearm in the penal code. Didn't define it either which I found really odd.
Some gun shops have been known to sell things legal or not......They have nothing to lose.....It is up to you to know the laws,just because they sold you the blanks doesn't necessarily mean it's legal to discharge them,and there may be seperate local laws prohibiting the use of them as well.....Golden rule : Know your local laws.....

· Registered
2,913 Posts
I did find a few things in the law.

Here is the most important part I found.
Laws of New York

§ 270.00 Unlawfully dealing with fireworks and dangerous fireworks. 1. Definition of "fireworks" and "dangerous fireworks". The term "fireworks," as used in this section, is defined and declared to be and to include any blank cartridge, blank cartridge pistol, or toy cannon in which explosives are used,................
3. The provisions of this section shall not apply to articles of the kind and nature herein mentioned.........
the sale or use of blank cartridges for a show or theatre, or for signal purposes in athletic sports, or for dog trials or dog training,

Ohhhhh........Well maybe you are safe then........Fire that bad boy off and say you are signaling the start of the annual NYS ******* Olympics.....You should be good to go....LMAO........

1 - 2 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.