New York Firearms Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Send everything certified mail so there is always a signature of someone who received it. They did this whole "never received it when I sent in a doctors note", I was like well who is "John Doe", and they said, how do you know that name, I said "he signed the certified mail receipt", then 2 minutes later, "oh we received it, it's here in your file"
Yup. Bunch of crooks and liars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 · (Edited)
Send everything certified mail so there is always a signature of someone who received it. They did this whole "never received it when I sent in a doctors note", I was like well who is "John Doe", and they said, how do you know that name, I said "he signed the certified mail receipt", then 2 minutes later, "oh we received it, it's here in your file"
I finally got in touch with them and they did receive my appeal. Thanks

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
It is of critical importance that you obtain a lawyer and see this appeal through. A permit denial will follow you around forever. In many states, past permit denials from any state are sufficient reason to deny you a permit in their state.

Scrounge the money together, beg and borrow as needed, but see this through.
There are many states that will NOT deny you a CCW permit if you're denied in another state. In addition, there are several "constitutional carry" states where a CCW permit isn't necessary.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
There are many states that will NOT deny you a CCW permit if you're denied in another state. In addition, there are several "constitutional carry" states where a CCW permit isn't necessary.
Correct, hence my wording "In many states".

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
How long should my appeal process take? I sent my appeal in back in February and still haven’t received any word on my case other then that they received it. I understand things may be backed up but this is much longer then expected. I keep contacting my lawyer who everyone recommended and keep on getting a response that they still haven’t gotten back to her and that she will look into it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 · (Edited)
Hello all just wanted to keep you all up to date on my case. It’s been a long battle but thanks to the help of lawyer Amy Bellantoni I finally received my license. She was amazing very Knowledgeable and extremely patient and did what needed to be done in order for me to finally get my license. Was a long battle but well worth it and she is on top of her game. I would highly recommend her if anyone is have any sort of issues

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all 1st time post and really need advice. I applied for a premise permit in New York city about 1 year ago. I filled out all the information honestly and correct and was called in for a interview like 6 months ago. I just received my disapproval letter stating the reason is because of Mental health history, and says currently being treated for general anxiety disorder with prescription medication. I was honest in my application and told them I was taking medication for panic disorder for over 10 years and that I follow up with my dr every 3 months. I also got a letter from my dr stating that he sees no reason for me not to be able to own a fire arm and I’m in no danger to my self or other. They never contacted him asking him any questions or never called me in to ask me specific questions in this area. I don’t see a reason for someone that has had panic attacks in the past a reason for denial. It’s not like I was ever hospitalized or instituted or was ever depressed. So I’m coming to you guys for help if you can either tell me what I can do or where else I can go for help with this. It does say that I can appeal this within 30 days but I would for sure need help on this and don’t think I would be able to afford a lawyer (depending on how much it would cost and if I even have a case).
If possible please let me know what’s the best way to handle this as I tried looking around the forums but don’t see any case similar to this. And moving out to another state is not an option😛.
Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all just wanted to keep you all up to date on my case. It’s been a long battle but thanks to the help of lawyer Amy Bellantoni I finally received my license. She was amazing very Knowledgeable and extremely patient and did what needed to be done in order for me to finally get my license. Was a long battle but well worth it and she is on top of her game. I would highly recommend her if anyone is have any sort of issues
Congrats man!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts