New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
A buddy has one, rocking machines! I run a 650 & love my Dillon gear! I was really considering a 1050 but just couldn't justify the extra $$ for the amount of shooting I do. You can't go wrong with any of the Dillon options!

Pro:
Extras stations for things like the swager
Primes on the down stroke...I think.

Con:
No lifetime warranty
More expensive to swap calibers

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
This is what I'm looking into as well. Pretty sure lifetime warranty doesn't mean much with Dillon. From what I understand they stand behind their products whether its covered or not. The 1050 is a commercial duty machine, so if you're just using it for personal use, it should last a lifetime anyway. JMO. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
A buddy has one, rocking machines! I run a 650 & love my Dillon gear! I was really considering a 1050 but just couldn't justify the extra $$ for the amount of shooting I do. You can't go wrong with any of the Dillon options!

Pro:
Extras stations for things like the swager
Primes on the down stroke...I think.

Con:
No lifetime warranty
More expensive to swap calibers
I've had more than a few Dillon machines....all 650s. The Dillon guys said if you're not loading 10s of thousands of rounds a year, the 1050 is a waste of money. I've had years when I've loaded 30K through one of my 650s and I've never had an issue.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Yes but..All things mechanical wear & break. Over the years they have replaced several "wear items" free of charge.

This is what I'm looking into as well. Pretty sure lifetime warranty doesn't mean much with Dillon. From what I understand they stand behind their products whether its covered or not. The 1050 is a commercial duty machine, so if you're just using it for personal use, it should last a lifetime anyway. JMO. Good luck.

·
Registered
780 Posts
You add a bullet feeder to a 650 and you can load some stuff seriously fast. I don't have a bullet feeder because I dont shoot enough to justify it. I go through 7,000 -10,000 rounds a year and load in approximately 1,000 round batches. The thing that slows me down most is filling primer tubes, I need more of them.

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
That was a great video, thanks! I'm definitely leaning 1050 after watching it although the 650 would be more than enough machine for what I would do with it. I like the fact that everything is done on the down stroke on the 1050, you're unable to short stoke it and it does the swaging all in one cycle. After adding all the bells and whistles, he said both are about the same price anyway, although I do understand that new calibers will cost more. I don't have that many to begin with (I'd probably set up for 223, 6.8, 307/308 and 357/38). I know Glock does not recommend shooting reloaded bullets, so S&W 40 would be a no go even though I'm not sure why. The 1050 just seems simpler to me for some reason. Thanks again for the video.

·
Registered
780 Posts
It's not that you can't shoot reloads through a glock, it's that because of the "polygonal" design of the barell they don't recomend lead cast bullets. You can reload and shoot jacketed bullets no problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts