New York Firearms Forum banner

Dillon 650 Vs. Nicotine!

3K views 46 replies 12 participants last post by  Dennis 
#1 ·
I have quit smoking at least 10 times over 20 years. I know it is terrible for you, no lectures please. Know all the benefits of quitting. Know just about all the pitfalls of "Breaking" the addiction.

I have decided to quit again & my wife says she will buy me a "Loaded" Dillon 650 if I can make it till 6/1 without smoking!

Nice motivator huh! :)

#3 ·
I've been married for 15 years now. I have found many advantages to being the "kept man". I learned all the disadvantages with the first wife, second time is the charm. :eek:oh:

I guess she has picked up on my new hobby! She is the family accountant and liked the "save money" angle...I call it a "Win-Win"!

Bribery!!

You'll be a kept man .....like the rest of us married guys!

I luv it

#8 ·
I thought maybe I could just get her on those pills? I hear they work, but I don't know. Some people say I should get her to quit, some say she won't quit until she's ready so there's not much I can do until she's ready.

Personally, if I smoked and wanted to quit, I would just have somebody lock me in a room for a week until it was out of my system.

#13 ·
I would just have somebody lock me in a room for a week until it was out of my system.
We are all different, for me the first few days/weeks/months are not the hardest! I have made it for months without smoking several times!! In a moment of weakness months later I get triggered into "just one" and start the slide down the slippery slope towards my pack a day habit!

I must say NY is really helping out with their incentive plan, keep jacking the price! My Indian buddies still help save me a buck though! :cool:

#12 ·
My friend is now over 30 he smoked since 11. He smoked like a chimney he now does 2 cigarretes a week at most. Smokes e cig instead.

#11 ·
As a former smoker, I wish you the best of luck with your efforts to quit. It's been 21 years now without smoking and quitting was one of the best things I ever did. And just think of all that extra cash you'll have to support your shooting habit. :)

#18 · (Edited)
if it where only that easy. I know many people who have quit. There is no single solution. What works for me will not work for your skinny wife! :unhappy:

I start with Nicotine patches which take some off the "edge". I tried they pills once, but they messed with my brain. I have a buddy that swears by hypnosis, worked for him!

#24 ·
Yup, freaky stuff. I could have lived with just the nightmares & vivid dreams, it also made me *VERY* *VERY* anxious after I was on them a few days.

#27 ·
I listen to Rover's Morning Glory on 94.1 in the mornings. Some salesman came in and gave their co-hose one of those e-cigarettes to try because he is taking a flight to europe and didn't want to give up smoking for that long or something. He said it worked and kept him from smoking real cigarettes.

#38 ·
Made it a Year!

I have made it nearly a year without a cigarette! WOOHOO! I actually had forgotten when I quite, had to dig up this thread to verify my anniversary.

I'm going to tell the wife I need another toy so I can make it another year! :)

#43 ·
Congratulations..from a former smoker. Your right one size doesn't fit all.

I too would quit for months at a time until something went wrong then I'd be right back at it again..

What worked for me was getting mad as hell at myself for letting the sob beat me.

I have a friend who even though he quit 20 years ago still misses it..so much so that he jokingly swears that if the Dr. ever tells him he has two weeks to live his first stop is going to be to buy a carton of Camels....

#45 ·
I have a friend who even though he quit 20 years ago still misses it..so much so that he jokingly swears that if the Dr. ever tells him he has two weeks to live his first stop is going to be to buy a carton of Camels....
So far I feel the same. I enjoyed smoking and still would, will power is all that stops me! I have put on a few pounds so I need to work harder on the exercise part of my program.

I still have triggers when driving/after eating/after...you know......:eek:

#44 ·
I used to work with a woman in her 50's that gave up smoking and joined weight watchers at the same time. She looked amazing after. This was about 6 years ago, she still is a non smoker and skinny. She said she did them together so she could replace the smoking with something healthy instead of eating like most people. I think the times she used to go for a smoke break she started going for a little walk. so she didn't deprive herself of work breaks.
Good luck to all the quitters, it's tough. You deserve a lot of praise for not giving up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.