New York Firearms Forum banner

Is the original Die Hard a Christmas movie?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I say its a Christmas movie, thus worthy of being watched after putting our tree up. She disagrees and can't stand Bruce Willis.

It ends with let it snow as the credits scroll.

Cast your vote. Others can see who voted for what.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
I was just having this convo with my other half. She said it wasn't, we watched it and recanted her statement on denying Die Hard its rightful place among holiday greats such as Its a Wonderful Life and Elf.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Excellent movie and one of my faves. I know that it's been pushed as a Christmas movie and obviously takes place during Christmas= Christmas movie IMO.

"Now I have a machinegun. Ho-Ho-Ho."

·
Registered
4,104 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Good movie but not even close to being a "Christmas movie". It has nothing to do with what Christmas is about.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good movie but not even close to being a "Christmas movie". It has nothing to do with what Christmas is about.
A large majority of so called "Christmas Movies" have nothing to do with the true meaning of Christmas. Half of them are about santa claus, yet are considered "Christmas Movies"

What makes this one different?

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
NOT nearly the Xmas movie "Lethal Weapon" is but it still passes!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NOT nearly the Xmas movie "Lethal Weapon" is but it still passes!
Die Hard > Leathal Weapon

Although both are awesome. Much better than that crappy Dean Cain mall shooting Christmas fiasco...

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Die Hard is a Better Movie, but...

Lethal Weapon is a better Xmas movie!

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Phauxtoe is stealing my brainwaves - I've gotta get up earlier.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Die Hard and Lethal Weapon are both my favorite Christmas movie to watch,now there is one Christmas movie I hated and by far the worse and that had to be The Christmas Story with Peter Billingsley, this is the movie where he was told he will shoot his eye out with the Red Ryder BB Gun..

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Ok, lets assume for the moment that Jesus actually existed, the bible makes no mention that Jesus was born anywhere near Dec 25th and, in fact, seems to suggest that he was born sometime in the spring or summer. Combine that with the fact that many of the Christmas traditions we all know and love are paganistic in nature, I'd say the "true meaning of Christmas" is muddied at best.

So yeah, Die Hard may as well be about the true meaning of Christmas.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.