New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wandered into dicks sporting goods. Surprised to see mp15/22,. Optic ready bushmasters... Stag model2. Gsg 5's and a rack of accessories. Gotta say, their prices blow gander mtn out of the water.

This is in Kingston. The guy said the black rifles been flying off shelf. I love those little gsg's

·
Registered
710 Posts
Dick's normally has great pricing on firearms (if you dont mind paying tax.) My preferred option is searching the "WTS" threads on here or other sites.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Wandered into dicks sporting goods. Surprised to see mp15/22,. Optic ready bushmasters... Stag model2. Gsg 5's and a rack of accessories. Gotta say, their prices blow gander mtn out of the water.

This is in Kingston. The guy said the black rifles been flying off shelf. I love those little gsg's
Maybe Dicks and Gander Mtn should trade names. Just a thought.

:p

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Heh, heh. I thought it was about a dozen guns or so until I read your post and had to double check. I'm starting to accumulate a respectible collection myself... Went to Dick's a couple of times in Glens Falls. Prices may be good but their gun staff leaves a lot to be desired. I passed on a new Rem 700 a few weeks ago because the service was horrible.

·
Registered
10,486 Posts
Maybe my Dick's is just lame (did I really just say that?), but they never have anything good like that and their prices are crap just like Ganders.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
My buddy just bought a Stag AR from Dicks, he had a coupon and some serious haggling skills because he got it way cheaper, even with tax that any of the online dealers.

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
Dicks get good deals on anything Remington and Ruger as they order big time. Their best last thing are the Remington club loads for $4.50.
But buying a gun from them? I don't know, maybe an occasional .22LR flyer deal but other than that good luck if you have a problem.
check other threads about the subject. They are a sporting goods store, do not know schit about firearms or shooting.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
My first 3 firearms were all purchased at Dick's. 2 in Aviation Mall in Queensbury and one in Albany. All three times I dealt with "Department Store Syndrome", as I like to call it. Nobody ever at the gun counter, nobody knew anything about anything, NICS check taking FOREVER just to even get called in and the treating you like a criminal. By Criminal I mean: We will walk you out to your car, you may not buy ammo with the gun (WTF do you think I plan on doing with the gun!? o_O), a special call was made over the intercom for a "FIREARMS PURCHASE", etc. This was before I knew better. All following guns were bought at an actual gun store.

·
Banned
478 Posts
I picked up my 11-87 on sale at Dick's about 6 years ago... they had the best price at the time, back when they were only $350...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts