New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at Dick,s today to see if they had any 22lr ammo which they didn't big surprise, but they did have a box of 45 acp for 24.95 that I decided to buy. Went to the check out the girl asked for my DOB gave her that, then the register told her to ask for my permit number to be recorded and I refused to let her record my permit # so no ammo oh well. But it gets better or worse, I didn't have my glasses with me and my wife said that the credit card swipe machine was asking if I was a US citizen or an alien, that was a total new one on me.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Stop buying from Dick's please.
Even if that means you have to go without.
Sacrifice for your brothers.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stop buying from Dick's please.
Even if that means you have to go without.
Sacrifice for your brothers.
I have a young grandson who is eager to get to the range to shoot his Henry and if I can find ammo and spend time with him I will buy from any store that has the ammo. Quality time with my grand kids trumps all.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
They are building a Gander MT. here in Chemung County, finally.

That means the Dick's in the area will likely go out of business.

Everyone I've ever talked to hates the store. Gander Mt. will be a big plus.

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Next time, tell them you're an undocumented gun owner, and you won't stand to be discriminated against because of your legal status.

Or just don't shop at stores that are willing to crap on your rights. The lesson in morality will be more valuable to your grandson than an hour of shooting.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next time, tell them you're an undocumented gun owner, and you won't stand to be discriminated against because of your legal status.

Or just don't shop at stores that are willing to crap on your rights. The lesson in morality will be more valuable to your grandson than an hour of shooting.
I didn't have any intention to answer the question and did leave without ammo. To be able to have time with my grand kids is very valuable to me and I will do what I can to enjoy them. Life is short so make the best of the time you have with your family, I am.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Tell the clerk to enter all zeroes for your permit number.

·
Registered
361 Posts
How is that even policy? You don't need to have a permit for long guns that shoot 45...WTF is Dick's thinking?

Dick's is a sports store that know nothing about the people or the goods they are supposed to be marketing. F that company. They'll never see another dime from me.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
I have not been there since they cancelled my evil rifle order....if they were giving the ammunition away I would not step foot in their door....if you lived closer I would give you some 22lr

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Here is an option, when you get to the cashier and if they deny you a purchase because you do not want to submit your info, simply take the ammunition out of the box, destroy the box and the plastic/foam container and tell them you are sorry for damaging the merchandise and that since it is damaged, you will buy it.

James

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I didn't have any intention to answer the question and did leave without ammo. To be able to have time with my grand kids is very valuable to me and I will do what I can to enjoy them. Life is short so make the best of the time you have with your family, I am.
I get the whole grand kid thing, really I do but how do we make our points and stop all this craziness if we justify things when it suits us? Go to the ammo section some folks aren't raping follow gun owners on prices, unfortunately some are.

People buy from Dick's cause...?
people will hunt cause...?
people will still vote for the anti-gun politican...?

Just asking?

·
Registered
445 Posts
When I bought ammo from Dick's last November I was asked if I was a citizen, so I don't think this is anything new. They asked for ID, which is understandable because I look like I could potentially be under 18.

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Last time I bought a rifle they had a new section on the BG check paperwork, asking specifically if you were black or hispanic.

So not only do you put down your race on the top lines, they also want you to confirm, yet again, that you are not black or hispanic.

I asked the gunshop owner being black or hispanic decreased the chances of getting an approved transfer, she said she sure hopes not, but she has no idea why they added it in if it didn't effect something in the BG check.....

Just some food for thought there.....

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
When I bought ammo from Dick's last November I was asked if I was a citizen, so I don't think this is anything new. They asked for ID, which is understandable because I look like I could potentially be under 18.
The last time I bought ammo there I wasn't asked that question, so it was new to me when it happened today. Even though the price was great 24.95 for a box of 50 45acp I wasn't about to answer the question.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Only because of your grandkid, go back and when they ask, "it is for a rifle and I don't need a permit for that transaction".

1 - 20 of 24 Posts