New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ANybody have one? THoughts on pocket carry? Discuss.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I have one. I love it for when I'm going to a wedding or some place I just can't carry my Glock 19. I use a Remora pocket holster for it. I also have a Desantis pocket but don't like it as much. Its not as sticky as the Remora. So when you draw the holster stays in your pocket.
Back to the DB9
It is not a range gun. It hurts to shoot. I think it only weighs 14oz loaded.
Mine would have FTF and FTE. Probably 1 of each per mag. As I've shot it more it has less of them. I've put maybe 2-300 rnds now so it must be getting broke in.
1 thing I found is it doesn't like HP carry ammo. With such a small pistol it has a very steep feed ramp. FMJ feed much better. No more FTF since I stopped using HPs. I know FMJ arent as good for defensive ammo but they are better than nothing.
The pistol breaks down just like a Glock. Nice an easy.

Anything else you want to know?

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks, won't feed HP's I have no use for one. I dont' want an LCP. Possible the SMith Bodyguard, but I really want a 9mm that is DB9 size

·
Registered
84 Posts
No no no, they just released an updated version that has longer new developed ejector. It has been fantastic.
400 rounds not one fte or ftf. The DB9 (new version) is the best 9mm for the $$$ period.

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just did a quick search, looks like the ftf is with longer ammo and 115 or lighter work fine.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Make sure you confirm that the ejector is twice as long as the older versions, no issues with hallow points feeding either 124gr or 147 by the way...

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ordered one today. Got the EXO finish that looks like stainless, also ordered a DeSantis pocket holster. Now for ammo. I have a single half box o Winshester Ranger 115 grain, not enough to test to make sure it's reliable and a vox of Federal 9BPLE which i carry in my Glock, but it';s +P+ so i'll have to pick up 2 boxes of something else , 1 to test and one for carry purposes. ALtho, I may get some WInchester h bullets and load them to the same length as the factory stuff for test firing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I worked the slide and dry-fired it about 100 times, simulating a round before I actually loaded it up at the range. Make sure you take the magazine apart and check for any rough edges and its lubed. You'll notice they polished the feed ramp and the bottom of the slide where the ammo get picked up out of the magazine... Have fun..

·
Banned
5,970 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Have you thought about the Ruger LC9?

Neat little video if you have a few minutes.

I want a true pocket pistol, the LC9 is the same size as my taurus which is too big for pocket carry, plus, Ruger is dead to me.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I just bought a Kimber Solo and a Sig P938 to compete against each other for my love and affection to take of the carry spot being vacated by my S&W Shield.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just bought a Kimber Solo and a Sig P938 to compete against each other for my love and affection to take of the carry spot being vacated by my S&W Shield.
Did you not care for the shield? Just curious because I'm considering picking one up.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Did you not care for the shield? Just curious because I'm considering picking one up.
I do and I don't. It's got its quirks. Its not a bad firearm but its far from perfect. I prefer full metal fram firearms. I'm on the fluffy side so slightly heavier firearms don't bother me while carrying. I'll be selling mine when the clowns in Albany allow me to pick up my new ones.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Ok, thanks, won't feed HP's I have no use for one. I dont' want an LCP. Possible the SMith Bodyguard, but I really want a 9mm that is DB9 size
The smith body guard is also an excellent choice for a 380. The Map Shield is a very good gun as well. Now that they got rid of the safety I will likely be getting one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts