New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Topic:
Handguns are used in most gun crimes. Why not ban them? Where is the new legislation against handguns?

Opinion:
This seems to be the gorilla in the corner no one talks about. The safe act has no real legislation against handguns (excluding weight, and magazine). I am honestly surprised I have not seen more new legislation against them. There already are quite a few hoops to jump though to get a legal handgun. I wonder where most of the illegal handguns originate.

· Registered
8,557 Posts
Under the SAFE act threaded barrels on handguns are no longer allowed which makes anyones competition gun, "a no go at this station."

But as for the the lack of handgun legislation a handgun ban would be unconstitutional as decided in Heller V DC. NYS Gov must have figured if he banned handguns in the extension of the Sullivian act it would get overturned and the sullivian act would go away as well resulting in a Free NY. Most illegal handguns are stolen from a store, manufacturer's shipment, a legal owner or smuggled into the country.

· Registered
3,557 Posts
All of this gun control legislation isa bunch of sh!t, They mis-state facts, come up with their own personal agenda and tell the world 90% of the population supports them and their cause. The biggest fact about gun control that they don't tell people is 2/3rd's of all gun deaths are self in-flicted suiside, right back to the mental heath issue. Personally I don't give a sh!t if someone wants to take their own life and be done with what ever they are dealing with, It's their right! But why add them numbers in to the gun violence figures? No one shot them and it was their decision to take the steps neccesary to complete their agenda. Don't penalize me and the rest of the law abiding citizens our gun rights based upon suiside statistices. It just hapens to be handguns are their weapon of choice when it comes to taking their own life.

Most of the illegal handguns are stollen during home burglaries that are popular to support their drug habit, they are then traded off to their drug dealer or sold to buy their next fix. Then you get the strw purchases, they have a girl-friend, wife of other family member buy them the guns and then turn around and sell them to gang bangers or use the guns themselves to commit crimes to support their habit. They get caught and the justice system doesn't want to pay to keep them locked up and slip them right back out into the streets to run the cycleallover again, in the mean time if you are a working - tax paying - lawabiding person they throw the book at you so people in your circle of friends & family see what can happen and stay on the straight & narrow path to being law-abiding.
The criminals know it's a revolving door in the criminal justice system and know they will not be locked up for the long haul before they send them home on probation or out on parole. These POS have no respect anyone or anything other then their next fix of meth, herion or cocaine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.