New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alan Dershowitz on 2nd Amendment: ‘An Absurd Thing’ In Our Constitution

During a recent appearance on Newsmax TV, Harvard Law Professor Emeritus Alan Dershowitz said the Second Amendment is an "absurd thing" in our constitution and that our legal framework needs to be adjusted "to create a presumption against gun ownership instead of a presumption in favor of gun ownership."
I use to have a lot of respect for Al Dershowitz, but his views on the second amendment have changed that opinion. And being Jewish, you would think he would have a different approach to the second?

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
You mean Alan Doucheowitz? I hope he has a run in with the element that would make him change his mind. Usually, that's all it takes.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Can we skip the first too? That's the cause of more problems than the second.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
In a debate with Alan Keyes, Dershowitz was made to look like the over educated, self important, commie fool that he really is. It was sooooooo entertaining.
Robin

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
His assertion that all guns be held by the police, (a government entity) and "borrowed" as I assume you would a library book for self-defense purposes, to be returned afterwards, is just so rediculous and nonsensical, I have no words......
Forehead Nose Cheek Skin Eyelash
B

·
Registered
7,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
His assertion that all guns be held by the police, (a government entity) and "borrowed" as I assume you would a library book for self-defense purposes, to be returned afterwards, is just so rediculous and nonsensical, I have no words......
View attachment 41976 B
so you barrow a gun for self-defense, do you have to return it after you shoot someone?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Who Cares, the guy is a nobody.
Is he still teaching?.... His views on law are influencing future leaders and judges .... He can be very dangerous to keeping the 2nd. ... Go down the road 20 years and an argument being presented before the courts by one of his students with this seed planted in his or her head . Now take this professor amd multiply it by several hundred across the United States teaching future leaders........

·
Registered
418 Posts
There is good chance the person planning to harm you or your family will be more happy to let you go borrow a government owned self defense weapon while he closely watches over your children for you! Good idea Douchowitz.

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
I use to have a lot of respect for Al Dershowitz, but his views on the second amendment have changed that opinion. And being Jewish, you would think he would have a different approach to the second?
He has mostly been a Leftist hack. He only very rarely says anything I agree with as a Constitutional Conservative. Thus, I've pretty much written him off as a credible authority on government.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Alan wants to be Relevant, but just isn't!

We all know a Harvard Law Professor knows that the 2A can be changed, but he also knows there is Not a Chance in Hell it will be Changed!

·
Registered
6,617 Posts
Can we skip the first too? That's the cause of more problems than the second.
Sure, why not?

Under the current administration, we're already skipping the First, Second, Fourth, Sixth, Ninth, and Tenth.

The Liberal Progressive Statists in this administration only really like the 14th (though, misinterpreted by them), the 16th, and the 17th.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts