New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
I guess concealed carry is brandishing a weapon now and you can be executed sitting in your truck. Stay safe guys!

Family: Deputy Fired 6 Shots To Kill Deaf Man Sitting In Vehicle With Licensed Weapon « CBS Tampa
I think it's funny how the very same sort of words ("execution") were used to describe how folks like Trayvon Martin and, more recently Michael Brown, were killed. We have a statement in the story from one (interested) witness who couldn't have seen what he claims to have known based on where he claims to have been. From the son being in his pickup truck he couldn't have seen if the gun was concealed or not; whether a move was made towards it or not; or what the deputy saw.

But I guess some people just can't wait to make judgements based on a tiny fraction of the facts and will never learn to do otherwise because it's no fun actually waiting for the whole story to come out (which may or may not inculpate the deputy).

Like always he'll get a paid vacation and they'll find that he didn't do anything wrong. Bs
Since you're omnipresent enough to have seen what happened in a pickup truck in Florida from where you are now can you also tell me the lotto numbers for tomorrow?

Again, the evidence in this case may show the deputy was entirely wrong. But it's amazing how many times you guys will just assume whatever a headline seems to imply without bothering to think of the many times the truth has come out to be different later.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
I am going to say it First in this thread. "Here we go again"
There, now that that is over I will add.
Never would there be an opportunity to respond with " here we go again", if we were not hearing so often of similar incidences between law enforcement and other civilians.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
FYI blind people own firearms for protection too.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
FYI blind people own firearms for protection too.
Yeah but at least they are more likely to be able to communicate that fact. What for a deaf person might simply be an inability to communicate can appear like a non-compliant armed subject to a police officer who isn't keying in to the issue.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Yeah but at least they are more likely to be able to communicate that fact. What for a deaf person might simply be an inability to communicate can appear like a non-compliant armed subject to a police officer who isn't keying in to the issue.
I don't know what happened but please tell me this wouldn't be an excuse.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Tough call on this one. On one hand, the officer has previously been involved in a fatal shooting and a complaint about assaulting a civilian he thought had a gun. The article did say that the officer had a "verbal confrontation" with the suspect and that the suspect had his windows up.

On the other hand, why did the suspect have his gun out? Was it simply visible? Was he putting it in the glove box after getting into the truck?

Too many unknowns and inconsistencies in this reporting of the case.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Not for the forum commandos.
Nah, I haven't seen them in a few hours.Maybe on-call?

The rest of us that don't defend killing non-threatening people will continue to assess the situation though.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Nah, I haven't seen them in a few hours.Maybe on-call?

The rest of us that don't defend killing non-threatening people will continue to assess the situation though.
You're one of em', buddy. Great assessments by the way. Love how you describe your optimal vantage points from the couch, I can't wait for your next ruling.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
You're one of em', buddy. Great assessments by the way. Love how you describe your optimal vantage points from the couch, I can't wait for your next ruling.
Oh goodness no. I hate when people defend violence against others for no reason. Could never be a commando.

Still wondering what my first "ruling" was this though.

And I do wish this was a couch, but it's more of an easy chair. :(

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Tough call on this one. On one hand, the officer has previously been involved in a fatal shooting and a complaint about assaulting a civilian he thought had a gun. The article did say that the officer had a "verbal confrontation" with the suspect and that the suspect had his windows up.

On the other hand, why did the suspect have his gun out? Was it simply visible? Was he putting it in the glove box after getting into the truck?

Too many unknowns and inconsistencies in this reporting of the case.
I do not see any unknowns. The victim was in a car with the Windows up. There is no threat to the off duty officer at that point. He was not in uniform and is yelling at a man in a closed vehicle. His ego got the better of him. Once his commands were not followed, the blinders and rage were put forth.

DO WHAT I TELL YOU. HOW DARE YOU NOT LISTEN!

His history shows his antigun attitude towards citizens. Many other avenues of approach could have been taken.

·
Registered
4,234 Posts
Oh goodness no. I hate when people defend violence against others for no reason. Could never be a commando.

Still wondering what my first "ruling" was this though.

And I do wish this was a couch, but it's more of an easy chair. :(
Hey deaf guy, I'm screaming at you through a window (not like the window makes a difference, you're ****ing deaf) but I am screaming at you. Well, that's not working, so I'm going to scream louder until you can magically recover your hearing and do what I ****ing say.

It's priceless, I tell ya.. priceless.

It's like speaking louder and slower with someone who speaks a different language because for some un****ingknown reason you think they might get it.. HAHAHAHA..

1 - 20 of 40 Posts