New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SANY0293.jpg
I've installed the red spring in my 6.8 but the casings are still dented by the deflector. Are they still reloadable? I don't reload yet, but with the 6.8, I may see the financial need.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Yes, reload them. just lube and resize them normally.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
Those still seem good. Just keep an eye on it for cracking I've reloaded ammo that had some dents and it didn't blow up on me. Some even smoothed out after running it through a full length sizing die.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
They look a lot better then my .223's . . . .
Holy ****...you need to be looking at gas issues and/or spring and buffer issues.
If its beating the brass that hard its pounding the crap out of your gun.

Of course if its because you're reloading stupid hot then you deserve whatever damage it incurs

In any event, BCG speed is way too high.

The jeepyj brass on the other hand looks pretty near the sweet spot

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
Is it too hot or not hot enough? Looks to me like short cycle and the case is coming half-way out and bolt is coming back down on it before it clears?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
No gouge marks that I can see from bolt lugs and position is right where one would expect with a overspeed BCG flipping it out hard onto the brass deflector
(I'm going to thow a wild guess and hazard that the brass piles somewhere between 12:30 and 2 , and out about 6 feet prone or up to 10 feet standing)

If it were too slow the damage would be lower on the case as it got snotted by the bolt face coming back in before the empty was thrown fully clear.
T'would also cause next round feed issues.

Could be completely wrong and they happened to come out of a loose bulk pack box that way instead.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Don't want to hi-jack jeepyj's thread but my issue seems to be with one mag only. I just picked up this Colt Gov' Carb pre ban and am new to AR's Didn't have much time so I only put a few rounds through it. other mags seemed OK That brass was out of one of the 20 rnd Colt mags. The gun is supposedly all stock. I lubed the hell out of the bolt but the one mag still jams the round as it cycles. Figured I would work it out over the winter when I have a bit more free time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts