New York Firearms Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why are our posts getting deleted? why are some getting banned for asking a question?

we ask questions and for that we have our posts deleted and some like me get banned for a simple question.

I saw a post get deleted today because this person asked for the best price, the guy gave it, and he replied that is to high for me.
then WAMM the post was gone. WHY?

a guy was selling a USED psa upper and was asking 675 (only 525 new) I asked ''why so much''? the guy said pretty much said its worth more because he owns it. WOW so i asked again ''why so much''
then WAMM i was banned for a week WHY?

just wondering who else has been getting screwed over.

·
Registered
6,384 Posts
Maybe because no one is supposed to comment in an ad unless they have business in it. IE, people post "nice gun wish I had the funds" or "GLWS" ....etc. These comments bump the ad to the detriment of others looking to sell/buy.
Things like "what's your best price?" should be done in a PM, imo. Why question what a guy is asking for his goods? If you don't like the price, just move on, no need to carry on.
On another forum I belong to pertaining to the best selling revolvers of all time, the mods will quickly delete posts such as these.My .02 worth, your mileage may vary.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Forum rule:

11. Posting negative issues regarding the site/staff is strictly forbidden and will result in immediate banning without a warning. If you have a problem with the site/staff, we want to hear it. Either PM a member of the staff or send us an email. We will discuss the issue with you personally and if we feel it is something that needs to be posted WE will do so.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Maybe because no one is supposed to comment in an ad unless they have business in it. IE, people post "nice gun wish I had the funds" or "GLWS" ....etc. These comments bump the ad to the detriment of others looking to sell/buy.
Things like "what's your best price?" should be done in a PM, imo. Why question what a guy is asking for his goods? If you don't like the price, just move on, no need to carry on.
On another forum I belong to pertaining to the best selling revolvers of all time, the mods will quickly delete posts such as these.My .02 worth, your mileage may vary.
AMEN!! Pretty much says it.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
if something is WAY out of line like a WASR10 for $3000, then yeah dumping in the ad i could see saying, my god man, what kind of hard drugs are you on. Especially when people bump a million times that $500 gun for TWICE the market price, without any reason.
If you PERSONALLY think something is overpriced say by $50-75 on a $500-1000 item, then no, not right to muck the thread up.

Nothing pisses me off more than when I list something silly like a $20-25 magazine, or a $20-25 accessory, and someone pees in my corn flakes thinking im raping them because they knew of a guy who had a sale, on a special one of a kind slightly used XYZ of the same time 2 years ago, and my item should be $5 cheaper as his was.....2 years ago.

Also like on Cosseys SCAR. No different thant he PSA upper. Surely Cosseys SCAR he already paid a transfer fee, which if you are lucky enough to find a dealer willing to sell you a NY legal SCAR , you pay $30-50. Then NY compliance work on it could be another $50-120.
When you find a SCAR online for $200 cheaper, its because its not already in NY, made compliant, with the smith work done, and extra parts (muzzle brake vs FH) etc added. Not always will 100% of the money put in to an item be made up in the sale, but thats the dickering room.
NY legal compliance work is a must have, so either you pay for it up front on the SCAR or the PSA upper, from Cossey or another forum member, or you will be buying the SCAR or PSA upper at the cheaper price, but end up paying for all the work to be done, parts to be purchased and shipped and properly installed by a gunsmith. Either way you will add up the figures and come up with the same number in the end.

Just my 2 cents in general on gun stuff.

·
Banned
1,261 Posts
if something is WAY out of line like a WASR10 for $3000, then yeah dumping in the ad i could see saying, my god man, what kind of hard drugs are you on. Especially when people bump a million times that $500 gun for TWICE the market price, without any reason.
If you PERSONALLY think something is overpriced say by $50-75 on a $500-1000 item, then no, not right to muck the thread up.

Nothing pisses me off more than when I list something silly like a $20-25 magazine, or a $20-25 accessory, and someone pees in my corn flakes thinking im raping them because they knew of a guy who had a sale, on a special one of a kind slightly used XYZ of the same time 2 years ago, and my item should be $5 cheaper as his was.....2 years ago.

Also like on Cosseys SCAR. No different thant he PSA upper. Surely Cosseys SCAR he already paid a transfer fee, which if you are lucky enough to find a dealer willing to sell you a NY legal SCAR , you pay $30-50. Then NY compliance work on it could be another $50-120.
When you find a SCAR online for $200 cheaper, its because its not already in NY, made compliant, with the smith work done, and extra parts (muzzle brake vs FH) etc added. Not always will 100% of the money put in to an item be made up in the sale, but thats the dickering room.
NY legal compliance work is a must have, so either you pay for it up front on the SCAR or the PSA upper, from Cossey or another forum member, or you will be buying the SCAR or PSA upper at the cheaper price, but end up paying for all the work to be done, parts to be purchased and shipped and properly installed by a gunsmith. Either way you will add up the figures and come up with the same number in the end.

Just my 2 cents in general on gun stuff.
Yea I see what your saying but when does the "used gun" price come in,selling used guns over retail is where I draw the line!Sure I dont say anything here publicly,but silently just sit back and shake my head.....

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
First of all, I assure you that no one gets "screwed over" on this site. In my observations and interactions of nearly 4 years of being a member here, and more recently a member of the site staff, I do not believe I have ever seen anyone be reprimanded when they didn't deserve it. As site staff I can say that not only the mods, but even the owners and admins of this forum show a tremendous humility in discussing nearly all matters of importance (including potential bans) before any action is taken. Let me also make it very clear that all of the moderators of this forum are mods simply because they are willing to volunteer some of their valuable time to keeping up a community they enjoy and take pride in being a part of.

"Maybe because no one is supposed to comment in an ad unless they have business in it. IE, people post "nice gun wish I had the funds" or "GLWS" ....etc. These comments bump the ad to the detriment of others looking to sell/buy.
Things like "what's your best price?" should be done in a PM, imo. Why question what a guy is asking for his goods? If you don't like the price, just move on, no need to carry on."
That is 100% correct. The mods delete a number of these type of comments nearly every day. In fact, moreso than you might think these posts tend to come from contributing members who should know better. Often this is done with good intentions (such as in the "Nice gun" or "GLWS!" posts), which we completely understand but they still don't belong there glutting up the thread; so we delete them and move on. Generally speaking, contributing members typically wont receive any "warning" unless they are being particularly excessive about it. It does make more work for us though, we are aware of who is doing it often, and to those members we'd really appreciate it if you could stop that.
:)
Then there are those posts which are not made with good intentions. Some are simply thoughtless, while others are downright disrespectful or intentionally disruptive. Posts containing any antagonization of other members will not be tolerated from any user.

I'll say it now in an official capacity that quite simply discussions, questions, and even well wishes for the seller should be addressed via PM. However, valid questions posted publicly which may allow the seller to add USEFUL additional information for all potential buyers will be left alone.

On a more personal note, I probably have somewhere around 4000 posts give or take between the various firearms related forums I've been involved with. In all of those posts I have NEVER ONCE been even warned by any site staff about my behavior. The clear reason for that is because I understand that forums are privately owned institutions on which the users are guests and are therefore subject to the rules of the house. If you are finding yourself having issues then it's time to take a careful look at yourself and (hopefully) realize it's not them, it's you.

For now, this thread is closed. As a side note, if a member has been only temporarily banned it should be clear that this is intended to give them some time for reflection, and hopefully serve as a reminder to respect the rules and other members of the forum in the future. Some people though, they never learn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.