New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is everyone prepared for the Snow Storm that is suppose to hit the North Eastern NY area tonight into Sunday? Where are suppose to get 6 to 10 inches between 8pm tonight through 4pm Sunday there telling us where I live..

Looks like it be a White Christmas this year for us vs the rain we got last Christmas,it is has been in the signal digits the last couple days with the temps dipping down to -6 to -8 below with out factoring in any wind behind these temps..

It is surely helping on making Ice for the fisherman to go fishing on Lake Champlain..I might even go fishing this winter with a friend who has a fish shanty..

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
Is everyone prepared for the Snow Storm that is suppose to hit the North Eastern NY area tonight into Sunday? Where are suppose to get 6 to 10 inches between 8pm tonight through 4pm Sunday there telling us where I live..

Looks like it be a White Christmas this year for us vs the rain we got last Christmas,it is has been in the signal digits the last couple days with the temps dipping down to -6 to -8 below with out factoring in any wind behind these temps..

It is surely helping on making Ice for the fisherman to go fishing on Lake Champlain..I might even go fishing this winter with a friend who has a fish shanty..
Looks like Monroe Co got upgraded from an Advisory to a Warning. 4-7" expected for us tonight.

One thing I love about lots of snow is how quiet it is outside. Complete silence is wonderful.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I lock them up at night. Coyote and Bear don't get close to my house. I'm guessing because of my dog. Haven't had an issue with other critters. I did see an eagle circling once that made me run out and put them back in though lol.
My next house I may consider chickens. I'm not putting any more effort into this one - I hope to be out of here in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
5,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
We ended up getting a little over 12 inches of the white stuff ended around 5pm just getting light stuff right now,the good part now is if we do not get rain will have a very white Christmas this time,did not get a chance to get pictures will try and get some tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
We haven't yet decided where we're going, but I can assure you sure as **** that it isn't going to be within NYS!
I'll sell you mine. Chicken coop included ;)
Careful, you two. Andy probably passed a "Chicken Export Law" during a secret overnight session of the legislature.....

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I worked 12 hrs yesterday and drove home around 530pm. Even with 4wd, I was still sliding (which I rarely ever do). Funniest part was when I was approaching my apartment, one road is a hill to get to it. I was going up and this car is spinning, inching its way up. I got tired of waiting and went around. I dont understand how people can drive cars in weather like that.

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
Got 8" at my house. Wanted to wait till this morning o snow blow but had to do it last night because my girlfriends Trailblazer couldn't make it up the driveway when we got back from the movies. Went to AMC in Vestal, roads were a disaster the whole way of course but we made it.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Got 8" at my house. Wanted to wait till this morning o snow blow but had to do it last night because my girlfriends Trailblazer couldn't make it up the driveway when we got back from the movies. Went to AMC in Vestal, roads were a disaster the whole way of course but we made it.
Well thats typical of a Chevy.
*Waits for rotting foods*

At least you made it. Roads here were still bad at 1pm. Its like they plowed with shovels. So bad.

·
Registered
6,322 Posts
It's an SS with AWD and it is absolutely worthless in the snow. Her old Trailblazer LT with actual 4wd was great although all those type vehicle struggle with little to no ground clearance. Snow gets packed under there and you're done.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.