New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was lucky enough a few months back to acquire one of these FSB chinese spiker kits. It cost a few bucks but was well worth it. I Picked up this MAK90 last summer NIB and only have around 500 rounds threw it. I gotta give a shout out to Matt and Mike for helping make this possible...You know who you are! There is no better looking AK in my mind then a Chinese spiker or polytech. Not much out there that beats them in fit and finish either.

Here are just a few quick shots of it.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Evil Bayonet Lug detected?

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
So this is what you were finishing up, looks great! Jealous over here!

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
All MAK90s were imported before the ban, they stopped importation before the AWB went in effect, in other words, he is a lucky ****er.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
All MAK90s were imported before the ban, they stopped importation before the AWB went in effect, in other words, he is a lucky ****er.
Oh. The "New in box" thing threw me. Carry on then. :D

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
I was lucky enough a few months back to acquire one of these FSB chinese spiker kits. It cost a few bucks but was well worth it. I Picked up this MAK90 last summer NIB and only have around 500 rounds threw it. I gotta give a shout out to Matt and Mike for helping make this possible...You know who you are! There is no better looking AK in my mind then a Chinese spiker or polytech. Not much out there that beats them in fit and finish either.

Here are just a few quick shots of it.

wow that's ****ing nice man!

looks like a chicom sks on roids!

never seen spiker ak

·
Registered
232 Posts
that is beautiful!! i love the spikers. i know that kit wasnt cheap, i was thinking of doing that to a mak i used to have. after seeing yours i wish i would have done it. great job with the conversion to you and the ppl who helped you that is a true beauty!!

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Oh. The "New in box" thing threw me. Carry on then. :D
Yes I wasn't using the word "lucky" lightly, he got a preban never fired rifle in his possession, something this state forces us to absolutely drool over! Even in a free state, they don't make AKs like this anymore.

·
Premium Member
4,398 Posts
turned out VERY nicely Mr Wildman
You can alllllllllllllllllways make that milled preban chinese of yours a double spiker underfolder..... just saying ;)

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Hey man I just realized that if that MAL90 is the same one in your avatar, you need to update.

·
Registered
60 Posts
his mak-90 is supposedly okay to convert. Apparently mine is as well, despite it being marked 1994 on the receiver... from what i've been told here all mak-90 rifles are pre banned as imports ceased may 1994. I know that is true.

I've been thinking of what to do with mine, i was told it is preban despite the 1994 serial number. I picked mine up from a pawn shop in december 2011. I really have to replace the thumbhole because it is not only uncomfortable but wobbly.

I've seen some neat things done to mak-90s and unless i leave nys in the next ten years or we lose the assault weapons ban i'll probably eventually make it a krink. For now i'll probably just get a new buttstock, pistol grip, and compliance parts...maybe a bulgy fsb and gasblock.

The one the OP posted is really nice. Did you put the bayonet on yourself or did someone else do it?:)

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
his mak-90 is supposedly okay to convert. Apparently mine is as well, despite it being marked 1994 on the receiver... from what i've been told here all mak-90 rifles are pre banned as imports ceased may 1994. I know that is true.

I've been thinking of what to do with mine, i was told it is preban despite the 1994 serial number. I picked mine up from a pawn shop in december 2011. I really have to replace the thumbhole because it is not only uncomfortable but wobbly.

I've seen some neat things done to mak-90s and unless i leave nys in the next ten years or we lose the assault weapons ban i'll probably eventually make it a krink. For now i'll probably just get a new buttstock, pistol grip, and compliance parts...maybe a bulgy fsb and gasblock.

The one the OP posted is really nice. Did you put the bayonet on yourself or did someone else do it?:)
Your MAK being a 1994 is also OK to convert. 1994 is the last year Chinese firearms were imported and they stopped before the the bill went into effect in September. You can put whatever evil feature you wish on your MAK as long as you make it compliant by following 922R rules.

Basically you just need to make sure you have the correct number of US made parts on your rifle when you add or remove features and its legal. Basically just a hoop to jump threw. It's also highly unlikely you will ever be asked if your rifle is 922 etc. It's usually just another charge to tack on if you happen to do something really bad with your rifle (robbery, murder etc). Basically do what you feel comfortable with and enjoy

·
Registered
60 Posts
Your MAK being a 1994 is also OK to convert. 1994 is the last year Chinese firearms were imported and they stopped before the the bill went into effect in September. You can put whatever evil feature you wish on your MAK as long as you make it compliant by following 922R rules.

Basically you just need to make sure you have the correct number of US made parts on your rifle when you add or remove features and its legal. Basically just a hoop to jump threw. It's also highly unlikely you will ever be asked if your rifle is 922 etc. It's usually just another charge to tack on if you happen to do something really bad with your rifle (robbery, murder etc). Basically do what you feel comfortable with and enjoy
Yeah i know about 922r and hate it possibly more than the awb..... It is always good to remind people anyway though.

Also is that the stock from the guy in finland? The grain pattern is beautiful.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah i know about 922r and hate it possibly more than the awb..... It is always good to remind people anyway though.

Also is that the stock from the guy in finland? The grain pattern is beautiful.
No not from the guy in finland. I cannot recall hearing about him. This was a recent gun broker purchase. The grain is really nice. I'm pleased with it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts