1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
651 Posts
NRA News and Andrew Wilkow were talking about this last week. Most of the concervative talk radio shows were all over this as soon as he put his foot in his mouth. Wilkow, Rusty Humphries and Cam & Company devoted quite a bit of time to the story. They still are. I love those programs.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
I read the title and I don't even want to read the rest of the article, he is one of the people they should just hang for treason in this country, like it would have been done 200 years ago.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ever think this was buried because it was a liberal reporter? What disrespect.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
**** that pos. If he doesn't think fallen soldiers are heros, he needs to sign up and go find out first hand how ****ing wrong he is!

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
**** that pos. If he doesn't think fallen soldiers are heros, he needs to sign up and go find out first hand how ****ing wrong he is!
And if he died fighting for this country (this was posted MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND BTW!) can we say "Lol, sucks to be him!"? Why would you even SAY that!? "And then he apologized for it." He gave his dumbass reason the first time! Did he not REALLY mean that? BS!

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
I also do not consider people heroes just for serving and dying. Go ahead, hate me, trash talk me, whatever. You won't change my mind. I think the term hero should be for those who go far above and beyond. To be clear, I do give utmost serious respect to those who serve and more to those who have fallen, I just don't consider it heroic. It depends on how you serve and how you die. The guy who falls out of the back of a truck because he was goofing off and gets hit by the next vehicle in a convoy? Not a hero. Just my opinion.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I also do not consider people heroes just for serving and dying. Go ahead, hate me, trash talk me, whatever. You won't change my mind. I think the term hero should be for those who go far above and beyond. To be clear, I do give utmost serious respect to those who serve and more to those who have fallen, I just don't consider it heroic. It depends on how you serve and how you die. The guy who falls out of the back of a truck because he was goofing off and gets hit by the next vehicle in a convoy? Not a hero. Just my opinion.
As you can see, I would disagree. You are entitled to that opinion though, due to those heroes, or you know "regular people" or whatever, that served and saying something like that, while he is fully entitled to say it, is disrespectful especially on memorial day.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Funny thing is, most who have served do not like to be called heros. The guy should have kept his mouth shut but he has the right to say it.

James
This is true. A fast way to call out a FAKER (especially with things like spec-ops) is if they go around touting it. My dad NEVER would go around and say "Yeah, I was a SEAL!" , and you wouldn't typically have real folk going around saying "Yeah, I was SAS!" Most won't. I would respect you much more if you did NOT do that. As for the loser, he certainly does have every right to say it, much like I have every right to say "I'd like to beat him over the head with a Hillshire Farms Summer Sausage."

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
My Grandma knew that my great grandfather fought in WW2, he once had too much to drink and she found out that he fought in the winter war too. He only mentioned it one after that in his lifetime.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I did a promo for MSNBC with Chris Hayes last week, and I'm (probably more than he) lucky I didn't find out about his statement until the day was already over. Surely I wouldn't be called by that production company again had I given him a few choice words.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts