1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Next person that ever calls one of these semi-automatic sporting rifles a "high powered assault rifle" within earshot of me is going to get punched in the god damn face, it fires a 5.56, which is no where near what a .30-06 has in terms of power, it is not "high powered" it is pretty damn average and an assault rifle has SELECT FIRE MODES!!!!!! This thing has single shot, and ****ing safety, these people need to shut the **** up with their ignorant terms.

I'm going to call every car I see with a ****ing spoiler a "high powered sports coupe" even if its a god damn conversion wagon.

Sorry for the rant but these "high powered assault rifle baby butchering automatic cop killing black rifle shoulder thing that goes up" terms from the media are starting to drive me insane.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Ya wanna get a surprise, order something from home depot and see what you get delivered....99% of the time it's the wrong thing

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
The police told Horvitz that it
was illegal to transport the gun in a car
and therefore it couldn't be sent back, Horvitz told Fox-5.

But it's not. I think the police not knowing laws is scary.

I don't understand the problem here. The shipping company, not amazon nor the consumer, made an error. It happens all the time.

·
Registered
202 Posts
The semi-automatic SIG716 rifle, which retails for $2,132.00, comes with a magazine that holds 20 rounds of ammunition. The gun is considered an assault weapon, according to an email the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence sent to the Huffington Post. It is unclear which variant of the gun Horvitz received, but at least two versions of the SIG716 would have been illegal under the Federal Assault Weapons Ban that expired in 2004.
A fine example of unbiased reporting there. Good grief....

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Asking the Brady campaign about weapons is like asking Jeffery Dahmer if he knows any good recipes.

·
Registered
210 Posts

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
What would have been the legality of just keeping it? Well, that is DC, but I mean a normal place. Would that have been illegal?

·
Registered
210 Posts
What would have been the legality of just keeping it? Well, that is DC, but I mean a normal place. Would that have been illegal?
According to the article, the rifle should have been shipped to a dealer in PA. I think they biggest issue is he received a firearm from the manufacturer, but no background check was performed prior to obtaining it (if he would have kept it anyways).

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
According to the article, the rifle should have been shipped to a dealer in PA. I think they biggest issue is he received a firearm from the manufacturer, but no background check was performed prior to obtaining it (if he would have kept it anyways).
I understand that, but what if you equated it to finding a gun, or a private sale? Those are legal. I wonder how legal it would have been to keep it if you were in a free state.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
That video was as painful to watch as the article was to read...

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
No clue, but if you did keep it, I bet the FFL in PA would be pissed. lol
He might have a new TV to watch. xD

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
^ Not my problem. The shipping company would have the problem and they would probably just send another one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thank God the DC police were there to keep the citizens safe!..I have to go throw up now....

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Thank God the DC police were there to keep the citizens safe!..I have to go throw up now....
Could you imagine the mayhem if that gun was left there to do nothing!? I mean, sit would it there for days and weeks, weighing down the floor. It may eventually break through and konk someone on the head if given a few decades!

·
Registered
12,953 Posts
I'm personally wondering what the guy who ordered the flat screen is going to do with the Ugly Black Assault Weapon he received? We clearly need more TV control laws to prevent this sort of mishap from occurring again... ('While they're at it, might as well ban all of the Hollywood libs too)

·
Head Fapper
1,216 Posts
See what happens when you conduct transactions online? This is why ALL online transactions should be banned! Not just ammo!

/sarcasm

1 - 20 of 44 Posts