New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
Shocker. The streets would run red with blood if they suddenly let anyone carry a gun in public in DC.

·
Registered
5,168 Posts
I listened to Alan Gura today on this past week's Gun Talk episode. He expected the decision to be stayed. Moreover, he was surprised by the strong wording of the decision having expected a loss which would have led to his own appeal rather than DC's. According to him, this is an amazing victory for many reasons. I recommend everyone download Gun Talk to hear what he had to say, it was quite informative and very optimistic.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Let the back paddling begin!

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Any "stay" should ALWAYS err on the side of upholding our Rights! Only after being deemed Constitutional should Laws go into effect.
And if D.C. was not ready for people to exercise their Rights, tough ****!

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
couldnt agree more grim, just like the safe act. any law that touches on a Constitutional issue should at least be granted a stay if challenged..

i think any new law that has anything to do with a Constitutional issue should be reviewed by the judicial after being passed by the L, and signed into law by the E before becoming active and enforceable. if it has nothing to do with any protected RIGHTS than it can be corruption as usual.

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
If we want more of our rights back from these anti,s. We have to use what's available to us to our best use ! I would rather have the judge that declared the laws unconstitutional give a stay than the court of appeals give out the stay . The reasoning behind it is this judge can control the situation with how long of a stay is needed . No matter what the appeals court does now , we control the stay . This is better for us than them controlling the situation . Right now it's 90 days and if the city can't get it done , the next stay might not happen at all . Read up on the subject cause right now it's a chess game with your rights . It's not black or white , it's grey . This is where the wheat gets threshed from the chaff . This is a good thing . They have been waiting 5 years , what's 90 days more .

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Chicago was also given a stay and time to develop carry laws...and the city came up with restrictive laws and were shot down by Judge Posner, right?

Now IL and Chicago are shall issue. I expect DC to be shall issue soon as well. With the wording of that decision there is no way around it.

Yet NY is still a lost cause. Especially NYC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts