New York Firearms Forum banner

Day of Resistance

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  Firehawk_1066 
#1 ·
Hi all. I am new to the forums but I have been watching and reading your forums almost daily since Cuomo's tyrannical move with these new gun laws. I am currently living in Florida but I am a former resident of Nassau County and hoping to one day move back to NY to Jefferson County. Of course first these rediculous laws must be abolished, along with Cuomo, otherwise I may have to settle for PA or VT. I do love NY, I was born and raised in Nassau County as was my wife but we are not about to give up our guns just to live in NY. We are rooting for you guys to bring Cuomo and the dictatorship down! You guys are unfortunately the first ones to get hit with these outrageous laws and the outcome in NY may pave the way for the rest of the nation.

In the mean time I joined your forums to keep in touch with my home State through this difficult time and to share the day of resistance info with you guys because I didn't see it posted yet. Basically there is a big rally being organized for 2/23/13 see link here Day of Resistance | DayOfResistance.com

Be strong, fight hard and refuse to give in to this dictator!!

#6 ·
I just don't like the tone of that page, (not to mention there is a typo that just doesn't sit right with me)

"In response to these unconstitutional actions by the President, on .223, February 23, 2013"

#8 ·
Welcome to the forum. Aside from this legislation, why come back to the high taxes and nanny mentality ? I love NY too but can't wait to get out. Too many takers and the elitist mentality that permeates NYC and Albany. I need to raise my son in a place where Liberty is more than a tourist attraction. My advice is to stay away and visit every now and then.

#10 ·
NY is my home, I was born and raised there and have attachment to it. Personally I hate FL as does my wife. Moving here was a big mistake and buying a house here in 2007 was a even bigger one. Besides the gun laws, speed limits and no state income tax FL really blows. I want to go back to NY but it must be upstate in the Syracuse/Watertown area. Besides all my family lives in NY. My mother still lives on the south shore of Long Island and my in-laws live in the Thousand Islands. I want to be closer to my family than I am now and again NY is my home in my mind and heart. My wife also feels the same. She is not too happy that we may have to move to PA or VT but if NY is not an option then next to NY is the next best thing.
We miss the snow and seasons....and though Long Island has no mountains we miss the mountains of upstate NY. NY is the only place I feel at home.

We feel for you guys...god I wish I was there to protest in person!!

#9 ·
Also a huge rally on the 12th
in Albany ~permits done along with speakers and bathrooms set up(porta-potties)

#11 ·
Wow E5, nice call... like watching that "Coroner" say that an AR rifle was used and the caliber was... "oh i know guns extensively, but I'll let other ppl say what cal they were" (paraphrasing)

#12 ·
I have lived in NY for my entire memory. The changing seasons, the beautiful vistas, the friendly people, all combine to make this a wonderful State to live in.
I also have friends here whom I love dearly, and it will break my heart if I am forced to relocate.

Why can't I be allowed to live my life the way I want in the State I want? If I am not harming anyone, why should they care?

#13 ·
NY is my home too. Born and raised. Aside from the politics and liberals I agree it is the greatest place on earth. I own two homes here. Unfortunately politics matter and with a liberal agenda comes loss of Liberty and higher taxes. They are making it next to impossible to live here comfortably and securely. This latest gun grab may have been the straw that broke the camel's back as far as I'm concerned. Unfortunately NY is not the same as it once was and it has been changing for the worse every year. It $uck$ because I really do love NY aside from the politics. One day they may come to understand there is only so much to take until there is nobody left to take from. I hope that day comes sooner than later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.