New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
877 Posts
AK-47 for the win! I wish i could have seen those three dirtchucks faces when the saw that guy pull that out from under the bed!!! LOL.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Nice, except for one thing: Official count of people killed by deadly assault weapons in 2014 just increased by one.

If you're going to kill home invaders please consider using a shotgun!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Nice, except for one thing: Official count of people killed by deadly assault weapons in 2014 just increased by one.

but it also proves that the rifle can be used in defense

·
Registered
1,368 Posts

We need a dislike button. Any time we can point to lawful uses of an "AW" the less they can say we don't need them. A 3 person armed breaking that was assaulting him sure sounds like a good time to have a hi-cap magazine in a semi-auto firearm.

·
Registered
594 Posts

I understand what you are saying, but multiple attackers? I thought that was part of the reason we want our standard mags and semi auto carbines. I know it twists the numbers and I know every risk using 7.62x39, if his wasn't a 5.45x39 which is less likely to go through multiple walls. You have multiple armed thugs invading your home. You want a more than likely pump shotgun or your semi auto carbine? I consider most effective for home defence. Have more than one go to.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
I composed a nice post on the benefits of a semi-auto SG charged with a dozen Aguila #1 buckshot minishells as opposed to a magazine full of .30 cal rounds but decided that would not be a beneficial post to make in a public forum that is pushing to get back our rights to legally own sporting rifles with standard 30 round capacity magazines.

(how's that for passive-aggressive?)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
In my best Sam Jackson voice, "AK47...when you absolutely, positively gots to kill every mo-fo in the room!" (on in this case, intruders)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
the media does not want to show this to anyone as in thier eyes it shows no purpose except a man protecting his life with a rifle. It is what it is.
with 30rds, you can feel very comfortable knowing if you miss,theres a shot behind it. Here in Ny, you better shoot like your in an action thriller movie,no room for mistakes!

·
Registered
16,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

We need a dislike button. Any time we can point to lawful uses of an "AW" the less they can say we don't need them. A 3 person armed breaking that was assaulting him sure sounds like a good time to have a hi-cap magazine in a semi-auto firearm.
I think this was sarcasm although I could be wrong.

·
Registered
437 Posts

Double barrel side lock, 2.5" chambers and fine Etoli twist barrels, POW with splinter forend and Ivory front bead... I am not sure this would prove point other than the yak dick property clerk wrecking a very nice gun.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts

First of all, our/ your intent is never ever to KILL anyone under any circumstances. The intent is always to stop. If they happen to die while using justified lethal force, then you're fortunate enough to not have to worry about paying for medical expenses of the scumbag who tried to victimize you.

If you successfully utilize a semi auto rifle with a 10+ cap mag to deter multiple attackers, you show how useful in a defensive situation it could be. However, if you only use a shotgun, it gives the joe bidens of the world more fuel because they can say "SEE! all you need is a shotgun! Assault weapons are only good for killing large numbers of innocent people in a short time!" I'd rather that the legitimate defensive use of a semi-auto rifle (defensive shooting wise) increase per year, and show the country the usefulness of said firearms, than drop to zero and thus give way to both arguments that A) gun control is working, and B) that you don't legitimately need a semi-automatic rifle with a 10+ mag capacity under any legitimate circumstances. The more of these that happen, the more absurd gun control as an option becomes to everyone.

Again I am not wishing for more crime or more death, just that people who would otherwise be victimized have access to, and proper training with, semi-automatic rifles. IMO they are the most versatile and effective defensive firearms.Homeland security would tend to agree with me as well!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Also, the rates of death surrounding semi-automatic rifles are so low annually, that the grabbers NEVER use them as stats to prove their points. If anything, those stats only help us.They use far more general and deceptive stats in their claims. Things like "Gun homicides annually." To a sheep, it sounds like a scary number. However, we know that a huge number of those stats are crimes committed by criminals who could not have legally purchased a firearm anyway; suicides; and of course legitimate defensive shootings.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts

I respectfully disagree...

If I need to stop a home invasion and fear for my life or the lives of others with me, I will use force in a most animalistic violent prejudicial manner! I will use what ever is at hand, be it a firearm, pen, pan, teapot, spatula, fist, teeth, etc. The fact that the instrument being used may be offensive to some sensitivities is not my concern, nor my problem. Nor will I allow the characterization that to protect myself must meet a certain parameter of taste to someone who might judge me after the fact. It may seem foreign in this State, but my home is my castle and I will defend myself within at all cost to an invader regardless of the consequences and without hesitation!

Would it have been offensive for me to gouge his eyes out? Slice his gut and disembowel him? Throw hot grease on him and watch it catch fire?
I think not...

Only thing I would do is call 911 and tell them there's a home invader in my kitchen who's on fire and needs immediate help ; )

1 - 20 of 24 Posts