1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
glad the big dog came to the rescue. i saw a dead coyote on the side of the highway this morning down around the white plains area.

almost hit one on my way up to the last rally in albany running across the highway just outside of albany.

and even have pictures of them on my jobsite down in the bx...

coyotes are making a comeback in NY....

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Great for the Rottie, doing what comes naturally to the breed! Herding and protection!

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i just realized that when i walked the dog this morning, i saw what i thought was a fox.
it was in the scrub and darted into the woods. but now that i think about it, it could have been coyote!

It was about 1000 yards away and early morning light.
Damn i hope it wasnt a coyote.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
I love seeing your average house dog kicking some a**

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i guess size matters...

these people simply need a gun to stop the issues!

·
Registered
432 Posts
PBS recently did a special on the Coyotes. Apparently the ones up north have wolf DNA form Canada (cross breeding), which supposedly makes them very aggressive.
They have taken a few of neighbors sheep, and have tried taking cattle but get ran off by the larger long horns before they can get to a calf. Last night I went out for a smoke, I always bring my shotgun. I turned on the flash light and sure enough I had 3 sets of eyes in the filed from the coyotes. Unfortunately I only had buck in the tube and were out of my range. Tonight when I go outside for my smoke, I will have super X slugs. Despite how much shooting I do, an my range on that same filed they arnt scared, My neighbors sheep are too tempting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts