New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found out from the boys of PCFGA last night that Putnam County DA Adam Levy will not prosecute anyone arrested for carrying any gun with 10 rds in a magazine. For now, he's going along with the Skretny decision that 10 rds are OK.
This just pertains to Putnam obviously, but very soon club members are going to surrounding counties and will try to get a commitment from other DA's.
I have a copy of the letter will post it once I figure out how. Yeah, I really have it. LOL

If you PM me your email I can foward it to you.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Good news, let's hope a few more DA's get on board and do the same.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
7 rounds = "tenuous, strained and unsupported"
10 rounds = "not tenuous, strained and unsupported"

Ahhh....There's nothing like Skretny logic for these DA's to make feel good proclamations.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It's pretty sad that this horse has to be beaten to disintegration, but I have spoken to uninformed LEO's in Erie County who still believe that 7 rounds is the legal limit. Sad part is they are aware of the Skretny decision! :confused:

·
Registered
323 Posts
It's pretty sad that this horse has to be beaten to disintegration, but I have spoken to uninformed LEO's in Erie County who still believe that 7 rounds is the legal limit. Sad part is they are aware of the Skretny decision! :confused:
It's no wonder it keeps coming up because it seems no one is on the same page with it. If the guys who are supposed to be enforcing the laws don't understand it, how can they expect the average citizen? Madness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts