New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just scored this rifle recently. Been waiting months for one to be in stock. I guess its a hot commodity since its a special edition for the year.

Anyways its a CZ455 Varmint barreled action that they put in a Manners Precision stock. The stock is hand laid composite fiberglass and the color is in the stock so it wont scratch off etc. The stock is heavy and extremely rigid. It also has some kind of bedding rod in it to keep the action rigid and pillars. You can get a tacticool from boyds for a lot cheaper if you want the look but it wont be the real deal. Since the tacticool is laminate it will swell and contract with temp and weather changes. The finish is also just paint so it will scratch and deteriorate over time. It also will not come in this cool color or with any type of bedding. If you want something like this its really worth it.

I mounted a Weaver Tactical 4-20x50 scope using BKL rings. The scope is amazing and seems like it was made for this rifle.

A decent 5 shot group using Winchester flat nose hollow point bulk ammo @38 yards. Barrel isn't even broken in yet and with junk ammo tells me that this gun will be a shooter and does well already.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
what range is that? Looks like a nice bench rest set up.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
The range kind of looks like the Chicken Coop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts