New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally rounded up my four references and have my Onondaga County application filled out. Now I'm trying to find out information about the handgun safety class I need to take. While I got a page of who to call for such classes, I looked into the CNY Police Academy whose classes you register through OCC but unfortunately the last one is August 25th and I'm already scheduled to work. I tried finding information on Tim Connor's classes but couldn't seem to find much online. Does anyone happen to have any information, or a website to go to to find such information?

Also while I'm at it, I've got two questions that are hanging me up about the application. Is it acceptable to have two married couples as 4 references? Or would they have an issue with listing both the husband and the wife? They're just about the closest family friends we have so they would be the best references in my opinion but don't know if they'd like it.

Finally, if I attempt to apply for a concealed carry license, but they don't find my "just cause" statement to fit their "requirements," will I be outright denied, or will they still give me a permit, but just a Sportsman? I was originally going to just apply for Sportsman and then after a year or two of taking further classes, trying to get the restrictions removed but I am currently looking into becoming a security guard or working for Brinks/Loomis, which would require concealed carry, hence the question.

Any information is appreciated.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Finally, if I attempt to apply for a concealed carry license, but they don't find my "just cause" statement to fit their "requirements," will I be outright denied, or will they still give me a permit, but just a Sportsman? I was originally going to just apply for Sportsman and then after a year or two of taking further classes, trying to get the restrictions removed but I am currently looking into becoming a security guard or working for Brinks/Loomis, which would require concealed carry, hence the question.
Not sure what about the classes, but usually if you have a permit you can get a security job or whatnot and the company will do whatever needs to be done to allow you to carry while on the job.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ah ok. I guess I'll just go through with the Sportsman license then and let them deal with it. Regarding the class, I lucked out and managed to get into the very last class CNY Police Academy offers through OCC this summer next Tuesday and managed to register on the last day allowed so I'm all set there. Good luck on my part I suppose. Thanks for the info regarding the employers though.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Go see Tim Connors. He runs the class at the Gander Mountain in Cicero.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts