New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Based on an e mail from the cmp that will require m1's from the cmp going through an ffl dealer, this would suggest a curio and relic ffl will no longer be able to get guns delivered ? If so it makes having one a waste apparently!
the nails in the coffin of get out of New York seem to be getting thicker and longer!

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Well, we ARE FFL holders. Or did they specifically say "dealers?"

· Registered
378 Posts
they said they had to go through an FFL your C&R is an FFL, previous to this they would just send them directly to qualified purchasers. I sent them an email asking if we can still drive to the CMP North Store and pick them up directly as they would not be shipping them.

· Registered
1,539 Posts
they said they had to go through an FFL your C&R is an FFL, previous to this they would just send them directly to qualified purchasers. I sent them an email asking if we can still drive to the CMP North Store and pick them up directly as they would not be shipping them.
I sent a similar email. Did u get a response? My dad, brother and I were planning a trip out there but it's kind of a moot point if they can't sell us anything.

· Registered
95 Posts
Here is the relevant part of the email I received earlier today -

"As a result of the NY SAFE Act of 2013, effective immediately, all NY customers purchasing any CMP rifles, to include the M1 Garand, to be delivered in NY must have the rifle shipped to a NY licensed FFL dealer in NY for compliance with SAFE Act requirements.".

If by dealer they mean an 01 FFL holder then yes, we holders of an 03 Curio & Relics FFL are screwed. I tried calling the CMP Store earlier today for clarification, but was unable to get through. I am hoping they are not restricting their shipments to an 01 FFL holder. If they are there really is no basis for doing so since C&R eligible long guns are unequivocally exempt from the new legislation. That is not to say that a company cannot mis-interpret or over-interpret the law to their hearts content. It just would be a shame if they did so.

Tim

· Registered
1,640 Posts
I asked twice, to two different officers, they said C&R is still fine to order guns they just have to register them if "antique assault weapon." Who knows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.