New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a new one tonite that will have a lot of folks going against astorino. His people are very good at negative ads.

Astorino had better start countering these or we're going to get safe2.

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Negative ads will only get you so far. I know research shows they have a greater affect than positive ones, but at the same time, this only works if the public holds you (Cuomo in this case) in a good or neutral light. I think the primary shows that most New Yorkers (both liberals and conservatives) aren't big fans of the further.

And it has the added bonus of letting people know that there is someone running against the further.

Think of it another way. If Princess Andy wasn't scared, he wouldn't be running the ads.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I had to explain to my wife last night that his negative ads are actually spreading false information. I'm amazed Astorino hasn't gone after them for that yet.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Those negative ad's will work on some of the sheepple in this state. I've had to explain that Astorino is not under indictment to several people that I was trying to get them to vote Astorino. The question would be who is that guy, you know the one that's being investigated. I saw the ad on TV (MUST BE TRUE). :mad:

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
I had to explain to my wife last night that his negative ads are actually spreading false information. I'm amazed Astorino hasn't gone after them for that yet.
Will the New York Times debunk Cuomo's ad yet again?

To the casual observer, these negative ads are just another sign that Cuomo doesn't have much of a record to run on.

"Oh you think I'm bad? Well let me assure you this other guy would be even worse".

That kind of argument always gives people a warm fuzzy feeling.

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
Will the New York Times debunk Cuomo's ad yet again?

To the casual observer, these negative ads are just another sign that Cuomo doesn't have much of a record to run on.

"Oh you think I'm bad? Well let me assure you this other guy would be even worse".

That kind of argument always gives people a warm fuzzy feeling.
I'm so sick of seeing negative ads. Every election season is rampant with them. I honestly don't even pay attention to them anymore. But I think I'm a little different in that I'm not a sheep anymore.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
If I have seen it once, I have seen it a dozen times over the years, when asked flat out why some candidates engage in negative ads, the 'expert' always says, "because they work!".
Robin

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Yea, I havent seen one for the fuhrer, but i think the Astorino signs are mating like rabbits around here cause it seems i see a new one every day that i didnt see before.
There are no Cuomo signs anywhere even in his home town. I'm guessing his campaign hasn't made any.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
This is SSDD by a lot of politicians. It's designed to appeal to the uninformed lowest common denominator voter. (Low information voter.) There are a lot of drunk monkeys who are registered voters. For the educated voter as soon as a negative attack ad hits the BS detector goes off. Politicians who resort to attack ads are generally insecure and trying to mask their inadequacies.

Politicians are professional sheep herders.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Rob needs to start exploiting the fact the guy suing him that Cuomo keeps talking about was just indicted on federal fraud charges.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Ugly crew must be felling the heat !!!

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Most women wouldn't want to lower their standards to be equal with Quomo.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
a.) Cuomo (and the rest of the democrats) aren't putting up lawn signs (yet) because they're still riding high in the polls and no need to spend money on them at this point.
b.) It's likely they're waiting to do a sign blitz later in the campaign.
c.) Any Cuomo signs still up the day after Election Day will be rounded up by me for use as target backers at the range.

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Saw a new one tonite that will have a lot of folks going against astorino. His people are very good at negative ads.

Astorino had better start countering these or we're going to get safe2.
Are there any Cuomo ads touting one ****ing thing that he's done right in the last 4 years?

He can trash the other guy all he wants, just like he smeared Zephyr Teachout, it doesn't change the fact that a large amount of the state hates him. In November, we'll see whether that number is large enough, or whether it isn't.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts