New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Makes me hopeful that those many small donations will translate into many votes.

·
Banned
2,647 Posts
That's because no one has any money in rural counties to being with! And they are all depended on the State in some form or the other. Rural residents will be voting for their welfare king Cuomo.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
That's because no one has any money in rural counties to being with! And they are all depended on the State in some form or the other. Rural residents will be voting for their welfare king Cuomo.
Sadly I think you may be right... I was surprised to see something driving into town the other day. Out here is pretty anti cuomo, lots of repeal and astorino signs. Going into town yesterday I saw a house that turned the back of their home business sign into a "KEEP S.A.F.E." sign with a "Vote Cuomo Get Action" yard sign posted...

Even out here the zombies are among us...

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Sadly I think you may be right... I was surprised to see something driving into town the other day. Out here is pretty anti cuomo, lots of repeal and astorino signs. Going into town yesterday I saw a house that turned the back of their home business sign into a "KEEP S.A.F.E." sign with a "Vote Cuomo Get Action" yard sign posted...

Where is Sgt. Stompy when you need him?

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Havent seen one Cuomo sign , or bumper sticker yet. Only a few of the other guys too.

·
Registered
16,118 Posts

I prefer to keep safe. That is why I have my guns. Too bad you aren't a scumbag liberal. I would tell you to go steal the signs.

·
Registered
960 Posts
The Obama campaign regulary asks for $2 or $3 donations from his govt dependent flock (I'm on their mailing list) Doesn't sound like much but it does add up! PLUS it gives the donors "ownership" in the campaign..they then have no problem donating $2 or $3 every couple of weeks.

I wish the Astorino camp would consider the tactic considering a lot of folks on our side are trying to make ends meet and and just can't afford $50 donations. I would think many $2-$5 donations would help more than a couple $50 donations...it works for Oblamer.

It seems that once you donate to a candidate..you are then on the donation hot list..I receive donation requests constantly from Republican and Conservative candidates from all over the U.S.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Where can I get some Astorino signs????
Location?

I have some for the Plattsburgh area.

Go to the GOP website and locate your county GOP Chair..give him/her a call.

·
Registered
630 Posts
We have a lot of Sue Serino signs in the area and some Chris Gibson signs have popped up in the last few weeks. Haven't seen one pro princess sign!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Key part of the article:

In fact, Cuomo raised $1.8 million combined from individuals in California and New Jersey - slightly more than Astorino got from all individuals combined, NYPIRG found.

Additionally, Cuomo's $742,000 from Connecticut residents equated to about $0.21 per capita, nearly three times as much as the $0.08 per capita Astorino's getting from New Yorkers. In all, Cuomo's nine largest donors, including businesses and special-interest groups, gave him nearly $2.8 million because of various campaign-finance loopholes. That's more than Astorino raised altogether.

An unknown AG candidate (Cahill) has a bigger media presence than the guy running for Governor, and Astorino STILL hasn't run a SINGLE attack ad on Baby Cuomo. Cuomo on the other hand has ANOTHER attack ad that came out last week, continuing the drumbeat of "Corrupt Astorino." When this week comes and goes, and we get past Labor Day, it will be over 6 WEEKS since the Moreland story broke without laying a glove on Cuomo. This is not going to end well for us.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
Key part of the article:

In fact, Cuomo raised $1.8 million combined from individuals in California and New Jersey - slightly more than Astorino got from all individuals combined, NYPIRG found.

Additionally, Cuomo's $742,000 from Connecticut residents equated to about $0.21 per capita, nearly three times as much as the $0.08 per capita Astorino's getting from New Yorkers. In all, Cuomo's nine largest donors, including businesses and special-interest groups, gave him nearly $2.8 million because of various campaign-finance loopholes. That's more than Astorino raised altogether.

An unknown AG candidate (Cahill) has a bigger media presence than the guy running for Governor, and Astorino STILL hasn't run a SINGLE attack ad on Baby Cuomo. Cuomo on the other hand has ANOTHER attack ad that came out last week, continuing the drumbeat of "Corrupt Astorino." When this week comes and goes, and we get past Labor Day, it will be over 6 WEEKS since the Moreland story broke without laying a glove on Cuomo. This is not going to end well for us.
Astorino to send cease-and-desist letters to block Cuomo ads | New York Post

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
How far back does andy boys contributions go, I think they go so far back Astorino had not even started to run for gov yet.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I prefer to keep safe. That is why I have my guns. Too bad you aren't a scumbag liberal. I would tell you to go steal the signs.
I considered it, damn my respect for property rights...

What thickens the plot is the Gadsden flag this person appeared to be flying, though it may be some sort of mock thing... didnt stop long enough to see...

·
Uberbi.. nah, I can't do it.
3,501 Posts
It seems that once you donate to a candidate..you are then on the donation hot list..I receive donation requests constantly from Republican and Conservative candidates from all over the U.S.
I get requests from Colorado. One thing I noticed was a disclaimer at the bottom of one email saying the maximum donation is something like $800. We really need that kind of reform here in NY. Recalls, too.

The good thing is, the guy who writes the $20,000 check gets the same number of votes as the guy who writes the $20 check.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Not a one of the southern states voted for Lincoln. But they got him anyway, along with northern big-government and control. Sound familiar?

When a geographically large bloc is ruled by a distant government which it doesn't want, there is no representation, only heavy-handed control and retribution.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts