New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuesday's rally will encourage law enforcement officials to resist SAFE Act

Cuomo has warned officials that they are required to enforce the laws
Here is a warning for Cuomo and Elected officials - Your power is limited by the US Constitution. Take your message of necessity and throw it on the trash heap of other ploys to gain national attention for the 2016 race at the expense of New York citizens.

No matter what you were taught in the NY State Education system or SUNY. Getting elected does not grant you dictatorial powers, not even in New York.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
Constitution trumps liberal agenda.

BIOYA Andy.

PS Andy, the law also says we're entitled to our day in court. Tell your lackies to quit stalling.

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Cuomo can stick it up his ass. An unconstiutional law is not a law.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
More of the same repackaged into a different thread... There's NO WAY this will get overturned legislatively - and, ultimately, the police WILL enforce it (as the NYSP have already demonstrated (whether constitutional or not). Therefore, our only recourse is through the judicial system - and hopefully we'll prevail in that venue...

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
The LEO's are NOT expected to enforce an Uncontitutional law!!! What part of the NYS Constitution do these idiot politicians NOT understand???

" .... CANNOT infringe on the right to bear arms ...."

Not even a shall not ... it's a CANNOT ..... I'm sorry folks ... there is no interpretation of cannot other than cannot!!!

OH and I'd like to issue a warning to ****** ... Bubba will be waiting for you to screw you even harder than you screwed the people of NY because you WILL BE imprisoned for treason!!!!

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
The LEO's are NOT expected to enforce an Uncontitutional law!!! What part of the NYS Constitution do these idiot politicians NOT understand???

" .... CANNOT infringe on the right to bear arms ...."

Not even a shall not ... it's a CANNOT ..... I'm sorry folks ... there is no interpretation of cannot other than cannot!!!

OH and I'd like to issue a warning to ****** ... Bubba will be waiting for you to screw you even harder than you screwed the people of NY because you WILL BE imprisoned for treason!!!!
That is NOT correct.
LEOs are required to follow lawful orders.
When a LEO feels that an order is not lawful he must register his concerns with a superior, and then follow the order, except in cases where the order is so clearly illegal that no reasonable person would follow it i.e. if the Chief of Police orders his Officers to go out and arrest every person under the age of 10 and throw them into the County Jail, any moron knows that is an illegal order.

BUT, in general, only a Court can say what is lawful or unlawful. That is not a determination that can usually be made on the street.

A claim that a gun law should not be enforced because it is unconstitutional falls on deaf ears on the street. COURTS determine what is permitted under the Constitution, NOT street cops.

Don't expect much help or sympathy at that level. Cops are going to do what they must to keep their jobs, and let the Courts sort it out.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
That is NOT correct.
LEOs are required to follow lawful orders.
When a LEO feels that an order is not lawful he must register his concerns with a superior, and then follow the order, except in cases where the order is so clearly illegal that no reasonable person would follow it i.e. if the Chief of Police orders his Officers to go out and arrest every person under the age of 10 and throw them into the County Jail, any moron knows that is an illegal order.

BUT, in general, only a Court can say what is lawful or unlawful. That is not a determination that can usually be made on the street.

A claim that a gun law should not be enforced because it is unconstitutional falls on deaf ears on the street. COURTS determine what is permitted under the Constitution, NOT street cops.

Don't expect much help or sympathy at that level. Cops are going to do what they must to keep their jobs, and let the Courts sort it out.
So basically that means I should be able to own a handgun in my home WITHOUT a permit and WITHOUT the state knowing what firearms I own....

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
So basically that means I should be able to own a handgun in my home WITHOUT a permit and WITHOUT the state knowing what firearms I own....
I don't see the correlation either.
By the way, I believe that Heller invalidates the misdemeanor crime of possession of a handgun in the home. Sooner or later that will have to be addressed in Albany or it will simply be struck down. If possession of a gun in the home is a Constitutional Right (Heller) then I don't see how the State can criminalize it. At best, they could possibly issue a summons for failure to register. Maybe. Crime? NO WAY.

I have brought that issue up to Judges, and they all pass the buck waiting for Albany to change the law or an Appellate Court to strike it down. It is just waiting for the right test case - someone with no criminal record, US Citizen, no mental history, no drug abuse, nothing else illegal found.

·
Registered
274 Posts
THAT is the problem. NYC controls the elections.
Agreed 100%. The Medicaid supplied Ambulettes will be running hard between various Hospices throughout the city, wheeling the dying to the polling places. That is referred to as the "Democratic Voting Drive." Hillary's biggest block of voters at the Saint Raymond's cemetery in the Bronx have already started to receive their absentee ballots.

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Agreed 100%. The Medicaid supplied Ambulettes will be running hard between various Hospices throughout the city, wheeling the dying to the polling places. That is referred to as the "Democratic Voting Drive." Hillary's biggest block of voters at the Saint Raymond's cemetery in the Bronx have already started to receive their absentee ballots.
So true.

·
Formerly SRV1
4,720 Posts
Call me stupid, but I do not understand the corilation between the two posts. One has nothing to with the other?
The correlation is that we have a constitutional right to have a handgun in the home yet we have to apply for handgun permits which can be denied. The SAFE Act laws are indeed against NY STATE'S constitution which those officers are sworn to uphold but they are told to follow these unjust laws.

James

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.