New York Firearms Forum banner

Cuomo, Falcone, others to discuss firearms

3K views 40 replies 32 participants last post by  VARMINT223 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Cuomo trying to appear reasonable when he has blood in the corners of his mouth. Throwing money at those he thinks he can sway. Greasy.

Falcone opposes the state's new gun laws, but set his opinions aside Wednesday when Cuomo came to announce $100 million investment of public dollars in an amphitheater and other major improvements to the town and village of Solvay.

#3 ·
What happened to the other three times we showed up tp discuss it?

What happened to our day in court?

FUAC Andy, too late. You've done more than piss us off, you pissed on us.

#6 ·
I believe Cuomo is worried that the firestorm that he created by passing the NY Safe Act is still a firestorm a year later. I believe he though it would just go away and it hasn't. This just just energize us to keep pushing and fighting against the Safe Act. I believe Cuomo knows now that he made a huge mistake, but can't back track and now is trying to show that he will listen (just him trying to put on a show before the election is all this is though.).

#7 · (Edited)
I worry when Falcone considers himself "the" spokesman. He's not. This cannot go well as assuming that "position" cuomo can play angles and politics better and if Falcone stumbles anywhere....it will reflect on the entire effort to repeal the crap act. I'd feel alot more comfortable if Max Tresmond was invited.

#13 ·
It would be a total one sided conversation with Andrew Mr. Arrogance Cuomo not backing down one iota. He will never admit any mistakes.

#18 ·
^^^THIS! Sorry Andy boy, you had your chance to talk. Instead you wiped your ass with due process, the NY State Constitution, the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Where I live I see new SCOPE yard signs popping up all over the place. I can't wait until November.

#19 ·
Maybe some just don't understand the photo op, the perp walk, the media or how this snake oil salesman is playing the crowd right now.

Every single move he makes is about November and beyond! Without any doubt, he will give NO quarter to any who oppose his will... Right now though he is trying to appease and steal more of the CENTER. He is advertising himself as attempting to work with opponents of his agenda which later he will characterize as extremist, gun nuts and unreasonable people who must be dealt with now, rather than later.

He would never meet with anyone who could carry an argument beyond his agenda, nor with anyone who's light could potentially shine brighter than him. Egotism and narcissisism rule his mind with a severe case of inferiority complex!

If smart, he will be told that any attemp to infringe upon the 2A Rights of citizens of the State of NY shall be countered and that the effort will be carried by an inexhaustible supply of registered voters!

#20 ·
How about the GOV inviting NYSRPA to the meeting.There are close by and could walk there.

#25 ·
Falcone has already shown he can be bought off by not telling Andy to shove his grant. No amount of money can replace loss of freedom.

Falcone will come out of this meeting with more money or more promises, if he agrees to make a statement that the Rat Faced Cuomo has a point or changed his mind.

What a load. I have no respect for Falcone, he should have a big "L" tattooed on his forehead.

#29 ·
I dont think Cuomo is worried one bit judging by his continued arrogance and his continued linguistical ability to piss off an entire class of people with one sentence. he is the captian of the Unsafeact ship and will defend it till the end. He thinks there are more people like him in NY, He is the
real extremist. Non tolerance of anothers belief or way of life borders on racism, which Im surprised that what alledgidly happened with Cuomo and former Mayor Ed Koch never got more attention.

#34 ·
I dont think Cuomo is worried one bit judging by his continued arrogance and his continued linguistical ability to piss off an entire class of people with one sentence. he is the captain of the Unsafeact ship and will defend it till the end. He thinks there are more people like him in NY, He is the
real extremist. Non tolerance of anothers belief or way of life borders on racism, which Im surprised that what alledgidly happened with Cuomo and former Mayor Ed Koch never got more attention.
Cant wait for the day The Capitan goes "DOWN WITH THE SHIP"

#32 ·
Cuomo will say that due to Pataki---ten round mags have been the law since 1994. Nothing to discuss there. Registration? Why not, says the Gov--it is a check on the background of people who may not legally be eligible to own a gun. Ammo?--people evade sales tax and the Feds have a rule on ammo sales requiring the seller to have proof from the buyer and you can still have the ammo delivered to a dealer. No more FtF sales? Feds agree with that too. Falcone will come away with nothing. "Common use" falls to public safety--like Pistol Permits--have as many pistols as you want, but you must have a permit. 2nd amendment--Cuomo will claim the fact that people have the right to own anything but newly imported military assault weapons. I predict that military features will eventually pass muster as "ok." Eventually Cuomo may modify the law to allow in new assault weapons, in the face of an appeals ct decision, but they have to be registered from the point of sale on.......... welcome to the 21st century.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.