New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how you guys and gals feel about our wonderful Gov not disclosing how many of his newly named assault rifles were truely registered under the unsafe act. Why is it a secret? is it because it hasnt reached double digits yet? Or does he just want it to be shrouded in secrecy like the rest of the law? Im guessing mass non complience,how about you?

·
Banned
13 Posts
Just wondering how you guys and gals feel about our wonderful Gov not disclosing how many of his newly named assault rifles were truely registered under the unsafe act. Why is it a secret? is it because it hasnt reached double digits yet? Or does he just want it to be shrouded in secrecy like the rest of the law? Im guessing mass non complience,how about you?
I was speaking with a retired officer at a gun show in Middletown a couple weeks back and he mentioned the registered guns in the entire state was somewhere near 100 which if true is truly laughable.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Same reason they're not announcing obamacare sign up numbers. Because they lie and say its so good for people and this is what the people want and it's so great its goin to help everyone. Politicians love good media coverage of themselves so if there was anything they could spin in thier favor they would. But there isn't so that's why there's silence.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
They are full of sh*t they released the number of rifles registered in May at 396 statewide. Now they say its against the law to release the figures. So that would be around 80 people registering 5 rifles a piece.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
I'm thinking that part of his little law makes it totally unconstitutional all by itself.
That's ridiculous that a statistic isn't public knowledge.

Edit: oh yeah FUAC

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
he doesnt want to release the numbers because it will be a major embarrassment. knowing there are well more than 1 million firearms that fall under his definition of what is illegal, and when less than 1000 are registered what is that going to say to everyone....

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Heir Kwomo is a despicable individual. I have neither faith in him nor do I trust a single utterance from his lips. How do I feel? I guess I expected it. I absolutely agree that the number registered is low.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
I was speaking with a retired officer at a gun show in Middletown a couple weeks back and he mentioned the registered guns in the entire state was somewhere near 100 which if true is truly laughable.
If it's such an easy figure to obtain that the retired officer knew the number why aren't we hearing it from more people?

·
Registered
548 Posts
If it's such an easy figure to obtain that the retired officer knew the number why aren't we hearing it from more people?
Sometimes cops are friends with county clerks and such. My dad is a retired sheriff deputy for erie co. And when I was in the permit process I got my finger prints done free and my application was put at the top of the pile for that day because of my dad. Its possible that the retiree he was talking to knew somebody involved in the process. Unlikely but possible.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
How can he ban something that does not exist?

"Assault Weapon" is a political term used by tyrants to deceive
the sheep.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Same is going on here in CT. We can not get a number of how many went and registered so far. When the state was asked they said they were protecting the individuals who registered...since when did numbers become names and address of people? Funny how newspapers and other government officials can just go right a head and print pages, full of legal law abiding peoples names and address. Who have firearm permits for all to see but you cant get a number - just a number - of how many actually already registered. I feel the number in CT is in the vast hundreds - venture to say 1000's - because everyone here is running out to comply with these firearm and magazine registrations ...saddens me. All is lost here in CT.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I'm thinking that part of his little law makes it totally unconstitutional all by itself.
That's ridiculous that a statistic isn't public knowledge.

Edit: oh yeah FUAC
But pistol permit information is!!!!! address included and a road map to your door. Tells you what *******s these people are that are making these laws

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
And someone else said something very similar to what you just said, except the number was around 300. Either way, it's stupid low.

You KNOW if there was a significant number registered so far that they'd be spouting off about the 1000's that have been recorded.

·
Registered
9,902 Posts
More people have signed up for O-Blama care than have registered AW's in NY. In other news:

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
Should be public as we all know. The numbers must be embarrassingly low.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Same is going on here in CT. We can not get a number of how many went and registered so far. When the state was asked they said they were protecting the individuals who registered...since when did numbers become names and address of people? Funny how newspapers and other government officials can just go right a head and print pages, full of legal law abiding peoples names and address. Who have firearm permits for all to see but you cant get a number - just a number - of how many actually already registered. I feel the number in CT is in the vast hundreds - venture to say 1000's - because everyone here is running out to comply with these firearm and magazine registrations ...saddens me. All is lost here in CT.
The "Constitution State" right? heh......

Just like how we were promised a report from SH and months later got a "oh noo we can't release that now, for our eyes only...." Your current state gubt particularly likes hiding its doings from the people (at least in my recent acknowledgement) Sad. It used to be quite free

1 - 20 of 47 Posts