New York Firearms Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Keep an eye on things pertaining to hunting and fishing in NYS. There's little to no word from the state when the actual sale date of licenses will be. I've even been hearing that the dates may still change for some things. This is the most unorganized I've ever seen this state when it comes to hunting and fishing and it's actually very much a concern. The state has made it so difficult to do licenses this year, that many places, including my shop, are no longer selling them. The state is trying to make everyone apply online ... which of course means more money for the state. Anyways, I'll also be posting in the vendors section soon but I've had some computer issues as of late.

·
Registered
391 Posts
so they are treating the crossbow as a primative firearm, thats cool.
its about time they did this...I hunt both seasons, crossbow sounds interesting indeed.
i was going to buy a new compund this season, but NOW :)

Hello Cabelas !!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bow season is a wonderful time to use DMPs. For a few years now, you've been able to use them during bow season. To hunt during bow season, I believe you must have an unfilled bow season tag. The criteria are unusual.

However, I'm not sure how the crossbow season will go. Will you need to attend a bowhunters education course before you can use them?
During certain parts of the bowhunting season, crossbows may also be used to take deer or bear if the hunter has the muzzle loading privilege read more?

21 - 24 of 24 Posts