1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Now there is a weapon for the Zombie Apocalypse.

The price is a little steep I thinks. Love the idea though.

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
Someone get me one because:

A.) recurves shoot nowhere NEAR 225fps in general (unless the weight is up there)
B.) Compounds produce more kinetic energy and power
C.) there are much higher end "air bow guns" that show a true number of under 300fps with a 375gr arrow.

I would SERIOUSLY love to have one of these to test so I can shove their false numbers right up their asses. LMAO You ain't using this to drop any predator unless you're comfortable with that predator smelling the **** you just took in your pants because of how close they'd have to be for it to be effective. Wanna see how close you have to get?? I have 14 bows here and some are nearly 370fps. I'll set one up for you and we'll go predator hunting. How do you feel about 60' away from said predator?? LOL

Well ... forget the tests ... NYS already says that can't be used because it'd be considered an Air Gun due to the fact it meets the requirements.

Air gun - a firearm that uses spring or compressed air (not gunpowder) to propel a single projectile that is .17 caliber or larger and produces a muzzle velocity of at least 600 feet per second. Smooth or rifled bore air guns are allowed.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Someone get me one because:

A.) recurves shoot nowhere NEAR 225fps in general (unless the weight is up there)
B.) Compounds produce more kinetic energy and power
C.) there are much higher end "air bow guns" that show a true number of under 300fps with a 375gr arrow.

I would SERIOUSLY love to have one of these to test so I can shove their false numbers right up their asses. LMAO You ain't using this to drop any predator unless you're comfortable with that predator smelling the **** you just took in your pants because of how close they'd have to be for it to be effective. Wanna see how close you have to get?? I have 14 bows here and some are nearly 370fps. I'll set one up for you and we'll go predator hunting. How do you feel about 60' away from said predator?? LOL

Well ... forget the tests ... NYS already says that can't be used because it'd be considered an Air Gun due to the fact it meets the requirements.

Air gun - a firearm that uses spring or compressed air (not gunpowder) to propel a single projectile that is .17 caliber or larger and produces a muzzle velocity of at least 600 feet per second. Smooth or rifled bore air guns are allowed.
That would mean it wouldn't meet that definition.

·
R.I.P. to our friend PY-3-21-2016
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I took the Hunting legality off the Crosman website. They're here in NY, close by, let's go and demand clarification!

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't know... My Mathews Z7 bow shot this 51 yard group without much effort at all...No compressed air, scope, etc...just a fiber optic pin....That's a quarter I set on the target after the group was shot to show scale.. Top arrow was a bad release, but it still landed ok.. Crosman has been a great NY company for generations , but they miss the boat regularly with what the public wants.. Big thing in Airguns now are bull pups, with Europeans dominating the market and guns approaching $2,000. Americans can't get enough and are pre-ordering them ... Crosman can make a quality , viable bull pup in .177', .22, and .25 cals for well under half that and clean house on the market, but they don't..instead they come out with arrow guns...sheez

Rectangle Grass Landscape Tints and shades Display device
Wood Textile Flooring Tree Pattern

·
Registered
743 Posts
A large part of the Crosman product line is NOT made or designed in Bloomfield, NY.

Crosman has long since abdicated its role as a leading American manufacturer of non-powder guns to become a distributer of imported goods.

Today Crosman is just a brand.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I see your point but their bread and butter Airguns, the Marauder line, seems to be a NY made item from what I have found. It is very successful and they are well designed Airguns..for a $500 price point, they make a lot of sense. The weak link being the Chinese air gauge, IMHO..I had two and enjoyed them while I had them.. Having bought several European Airguns and making a comparison, the European guns are just better, all around. Higher shot count, metal magazines, better ergonomics, yada, yada..
This is my issue with Crosman..They have a proven, successful Airgun in the Marauder, and can easily "bull pup" it and make a fortune..staying in the $500-$600 range..$700 if they want to get greedy and it would still sell. Not everyone can afford a $2k FX or Daystate Airgun , so the lower eschelon market has been basically placed in Crosmans lap...and we get an arrow gun....

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts
I did some Google-fu and there are a number of these things out there. Sorry to bring back a thread from January.

Link: Airbow Models

Right now they're not legal for anything other than paper in NY. I'd like to use one during gun season though if they ever allow it. It would be nice for suburban areas. Anyone on here order one?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.