New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this am on 1010 news reports that nyc transit workers want to carry tasers or stun guns and nyc taxi drivers want to carry guns because they FEAR for their lives, the mayors office is said to oppose this growing movement because the city is safe and crime is down . people are wiseing up to the political and media bs and talking reality,i was crime victim twice in Dec.last wear this was unreported in news ans police stats

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
if there is no crime then bloomie should change his security detail to ninjas only. No need for firearms to protect him...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I truthfully believe all the stats the mayor's office has is fudged. Something tells me it is not as safe has he and his cronies portray.

James
perhaps they are viewing it as percentage points... Like (this is not true, just an inflated example for easy math) lets say last year, there were 100,000 armed robberies. This year there were 90,000 armed robberies. This is a 10% decrease in crime! This is huge! Crime is going down!

So, while the rest of us view that as still ridiculously unacceptable, in the eyes of a politician, they see 10% decrease = good... and not that it's not good, but it's not good enough, and it certainly isn't good enough to say that people should continue to be unarmed who fear for their life

·
Registered
11,238 Posts
perhaps they are viewing it as percentage points... Like (this is not true, just an inflated example for easy math) lets say last year, there were 100,000 armed robberies. This year there were 90,000 armed robberies. This is a 10% decrease in crime! This is huge! Crime is going down!

So, while the rest of us view that as still ridiculously unacceptable, in the eyes of a politician, they see 10% decrease = good... and not that it's not good, but it's not good enough, and it certainly isn't good enough to say that people should continue to be unarmed who fear for their life
Why there is nobody else to rob because everyone is broke because of the bad economy that should be top priority for anyone in power?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts