New York Firearms Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
kev74 is right. This is a Credit Card processor, not the Credit Card issuer or network. Any business that accepts credit cards has to have an account with a CC processor. In this case, it was Authorize.net, which is a very large processor and one of the leaders in online CC processors. These CC Processors cost businesses between 3 and 5 percent of the total transaction cost and only a percentage of that actually goes to Visa, MC, etc.

There is nothing you can do as a consumer to select CC processors, that is a business decision of the reseller.
100% on the money.

emsbronco said:
The best thing that we can hope for is that those of us who own businesses (either in the firearm industry or elsewhere) avoid doing business with CC merchant providers who do things like this and make sure our current providers know why we're switching. I am going to do some research to see if I can find out if my business' current provider has done any actions like this.

I also have a business that accepts CC's and we use Authorize. I've already sent out an inquiry to McMillan Merchant Solutions to find out their processing fees, times and nasty details. I'll definitely be letting Authorize know when the times comes to switch, why they lost me. This BS infuriates me.

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
GE Capital Cuts Off Lending to Gun Shops

General Electric Co. is quietly cutting off lending to gun shops, as the company rethinks its relationship to firearms amid the fallout from the school shooting in Newtown, Conn.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324743704578442561634381232.html?mod=djemalertNEWS

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing and McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. But no more: In a recent meeting, the mega-bank told the firearms company that its business is no longer welcome.
Operations director Kelly McMillan told the Daily Caller that his company has never been late on a payment and has never bounced a check. The debt outstanding on its line of credit is at 61 percent.

CHICAGO (CBS)
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is putting more pressure on gun makers to get behind his push for an assault weapons ban and criminal background checks for gun purchasers.
This time, he wants to go after their bottom line.
Emanuel is pushing two major financial institutions to stop their financial backing of gun makers, unless those companies support "commonsense reforms, including requiring criminal background checks on all gun

Rahm Emanuel Urges Major Banks to Stop Serving Gun Makers Unless They Support 'Common Sense' Gun Control | TheBlaze.com

Wells Fargo refuse to lend to gun makers

Citigroup refuses to lend to gun makers

Watchovia refuses to lend to gun makers

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Visa is separate from the credit card processer mentioned in the story. Wouldn't surprise me if they get $hit from Visa for discriminatory practices. In fact, I'd love to see a discriminatory lawsuit filed against that company - would be nice to hit them in the wallet...

·
Registered
1,379 Posts

McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing and McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years. But no more: In a recent meeting, the mega-bank told the firearms company that its business is no longer welcome.
Operations director Kelly McMillan told the Daily Caller that his company has never been late on a payment and has never bounced a check. The debt outstanding on its line of credit is at 61 percent.

CHICAGO (CBS)
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is putting more pressure on gun makers to get behind his push for an assault weapons ban and criminal background checks for gun purchasers.
This time, he wants to go after their bottom line.
Emanuel is pushing two major financial institutions to stop their financial backing of gun makers, unless those companies support "commonsense reforms, including requiring criminal background checks on all gun

Rahm Emanuel Urges Major Banks to Stop Serving Gun Makers Unless They Support 'Common Sense' Gun Control | TheBlaze.com
Actions such as these can only drive a bigger wedge into the issue of gun rights in America... Makes me wonder what it'll take before gun owners across America get a clue and start fighting back...

This feels a lot like water torture...

·
Registered
8,391 Posts
Do you see what I see?

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Oh good, another company to boycott.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I am a lifetime EZ-pay NRA Guy, If I could EZ-pay to benefactor I would.
UN-fortunatley I have to hate on the Bank of Omaha/NRA credit card. when the woman formerly known as my loving wife
decided to shut down the credit card I gave her, those M*******s cut my credit line as well.
repeated phone calls were to no avail. I paid the balance/interest like a good Sheeple should,
But never did they reinstate my line.. On calling the NRA to complain,

Thats the sound i got on the other end, So much for the contributions that came from my purchases.
if the CC company really made money for the NRA cause i feel they might have added a "I'll look into it for you"
Not Me, Not Again.. Sorry I don't buy that. not happy with them at all.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Typically a bank or credit union will choose only one debit card brand (e.g. Visa or MasterCard) for systems efficiency. Credit cards have a different business case/profitability model which make it easier for banks to issue multiple card brands - some banks issue MC, Visa and Even Amex cards. Bottom line is that if you want to change your debit card from a Visa brand to a MasterCard brand you will have to find a different bank. Unfortunately Visa dominates the debit card market so finding a MC branded debit card takes a bit of work.
Open a Scottrade Bank account. They reimburse all ATM fees and theyt use Mastercard.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nowadays, you can use different services to send money to different accounts, and I think it's very convenient! It used to be very difficult for me to go to the bank to send money to someone's account if I needed it, but with the android tap to phone app I can do it very easily and without problems! I'm sure you'll enjoy using this app too!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts