New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Habersham County, GA - On May 28th, a SWAT team executed a raid on a home where a confidential informant (a criminal who trades information for a reduced sentence) told them he bought drugs. The CI said there were no children in the home.

When police raided the home, it was found that the person they were looking for did not live there. No drugs were found in the home. However, there was a victim, a 19 month old baby who was sleeping.

SWAT officers threw a flashbang directly onto the baby resulting in severe burns that required weeks of treatment. Now, the county is refusing to pony up the cash for the child's mounting medical bills which could easily be in the tens of thousands of dollars at this point.

County Refuses to Pay Medical Bills After SWAT Team Drops Flashbang on Baby in Botched Raid

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
Wow that's tragic man...... really on all levels that's just terrible.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
My disgust and outrage is beyond words.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
That's all on the judge who issued the warrant if ya ask me. Start going after them and that will stop. I mean really what do they look at for a reason to sign off on these.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Sounds like the county is claiming that they acted on the information they had and it wasn't their fault the CI provided the wrong information which ultimately got somebody hurt.

·
Registered
14,522 Posts
this story is heart breaking... that poor little guy... this story infuriated me when it first happened, and no less now. ****ing flashbangs being thrown into a house for this crap... its ridiculous. i cant stand hearing about these types of stories with no knock warrants, etc... to not do their homework to know if a kid lives in the house is inexcusable. do your damn due diligence, watch the house for a few days, see who is coming and going, they could have easily done homework to know that there was a kid in there but they didnt. i dont care if the CI said bin laden was in the house, you dont do that **** without knowing the whole picture. freaking amateur hour!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
So it's illegal for municipalities to own up to their screw ups and pay for them wow must be nice to re interpret the rules every time you screw up. Bastards I hope you lose you a** in a civil suit.

·
Registered
3,568 Posts
This seems like a case where the informant told them what they WANTED to hear. The dealer sold him drugs there but doesn't in fact live there and as an added bonus told them there's no kids in the house but there actually were kids in the house and the poor kid is the one that suffers. The cops aren't responsible in any fashion for leaning on the informant. The informant isn't on the hook for anything more than his reduced sentence and the judge won't be held accountable for signing the warrant.
Multiple failures all around and everybody walks away except the little guy. Yeah, the criminal justice system is working out just fine right now.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
If you cannot hold the people supposed to be running the show accountable, how do you hold anyone else to a different standard? This is sick and twisted.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
First I heard of this, No ones fault, Probable Cause, Followed Procedure, 0 liability.

THIS WAS NEVER what the framers had in mind for this country! Any one who believes otherwise is ****ing CRAZY!

If you cannot hold the people supposed to be running the show accountable, how do you hold anyone else to a different standard? This is sick and twisted.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
This seems like a case where the informant told them what they WANTED to hear. The dealer sold him drugs there but doesn't in fact live there and as an added bonus told them there's no kids in the house but there actually were kids in the house and the poor kid is the one that suffers. The cops aren't responsible in any fashion for leaning on the informant. The informant isn't on the hook for anything more than his reduced sentence and the judge won't be held accountable for signing the warrant.
Multiple failures all around and everybody walks away except the little guy. Yeah, the criminal justice system is working out just fine right now.
Yes, I'm sure there are a myriad of laws of laws protecting the "G", after all they make them. There comes a time when it is a simple as' 'Its time to do the right thing!!!'. Just step up, admit what happened was wrong and do the right thing.
Robin

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
And so the police state fortifies itself more. They take the word of a criminal, severly injure an innocent baby and found nothing in the house of someone they were looking for who does not even live there. And of course this will be defended by the LE community.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
Baby should have just done...

hmm...

this is getting old.

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
That's all on the judge who issued the warrant if ya ask me. Start going after them and that will stop. I mean really what do they look at for a reason to sign off on these.
He had such solid evidence though.

An anonymous tip.

Good enough for me!

*derp*

1 - 20 of 34 Posts