New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I possibly will be relocating to Cortland county from Onondaga county, here I have a full carry license with no restrictions, if I move to Cortland county will my concealed license be transferred or will I be issued a license with restrictions.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Both our county judges normally issue unrestricted pistol permits, so if you do transfer your permit to Cortland County I would expect that you would get no restrictions. You can call pistol permit clerk, Julie Easton, at 607-753-5379, and she would probably be able to confirm this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
New York State Permit

Hello all, I possibly will be relocating to Cortland county from Onondaga county, here I have a full carry license with no restrictions, if I move to Cortland county will my concealed license be transferred or will I be issued a license with restrictions.
You won't have to transfer anything, it's a New York State permit, not a county permit. The county does the background checks, but the permit is good anywhere in the upper New York area. The only place that doesn't recognize your permit is New York City.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The only time you would have to transfer is if you wanted to add more pistols to your permit, and they'll just print you another one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts