New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Do they really need that? But it would make a good gun collecting vehicle with that 50 cal. and able to withstand that real powerfull AK47 bullet.

·
Occupy NYF JBT Tank Operator
2,322 Posts
Bearcats should be the standard for patrol vehicles in Detroit

·
Registered
6,159 Posts
More power to them.

·
2,322 Posts

It's worth the watch if you haven't caught it on Nat Geo. Sad that the BP has to do LE work because of DPD's layoffs and lack of a budget.

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
don't most city's have something like these? i've seen one in rochester that was even more awesome looking.
and i've seen one just like this in b-lo

or was i not suppose to see those? uh oh

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
didn't they use something like this in west webster a couple weeks ago?

·
2,322 Posts
The militarization of police is a big mistake.
The culture in the US has changed a bit since the days of Norman Rockwell's "The Runaway" painting. The dregs of society made it a little more difficult in the past decade or two to hold hands and sing kumbaya with our kid gloves on.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
didn't they use something like this in west webster a couple weeks ago?
Sure did. It was the MCSO Bearcat. It arrived on scene but the full MCSO SWAT wasn't there yet, so a mix of LEO from the area teamed up, got in and rescued a downed FF.

RPD has a Bearcat as well.

It tends to turn some heads when people see one of those roll by.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
From what i gather It offers 50 cal protection, not armorment.

·
Registered
4,952 Posts
Sure did. It was the MCSO Bearcat. It arrived on scene but the full MCSO SWAT wasn't there yet, so a mix of LEO from the area teamed up, got in and rescued a downed FF.

RPD has a Bearcat as well.

It tends to turn some heads when people see one of those roll by.
Any possibility of a civilian ride-along in one of those? LOL...

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
Any possibility of a civilian ride-along in one of those? LOL...
If they are like any of the MRAPs I have rode in then make sure to wear a kidney pad. Lol

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
I say it's a good thing, it's not like these are their patrol cars, they are showing some muscle with these violent armed burglaries going on recently, does anyone here know how they took care of Bonnie and Clyde? About time we go back to doing that with murderers and psychopaths.

·
Registered
8,339 Posts
I have no problem with a dept. having one. It does seem to be a bit much to send it out on regular patrols though. Using this on a regular patrol would only cause longer response times.

·
Registered
8,557 Posts
I have no problem with a dept. having one. It does seem to be a bit much to send it out on regular patrols though.
What no Robo Cop allowed ?!?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts