New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
I dunno, I get the feeling that the author of the story is somehow disappointed that they didn't blow the guy away. After all, he had a gun. He didn't point the gun at anybody. He didn't threaten. To me it is as if the author of the story is one of those pompous metros that believe that Gun Control is the theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to Police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound. I think the reporter is hoplohobic and figures that police should be shooting everyone they find with a gun tucked inside their waste band. JMO.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Interesting that he was only charged with criminal possession of a weapon and the whole ''I had 9 rounds in my pistol'' was overlooked after the tantrums thrown over SAFE...

·
Postmaster General
23,073 Posts
The good old FMJ/HP stagger. Only used by professionals.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I love how the paper posts the Officers pictures (institutional dept type) to give the impression they are the perps.

Cypress Hills aka "The OK Corral"

·
Registered
6,159 Posts

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Why are there life sized pictures of the cops, and no picture of the perp?
His identity needs protecting so people won't discriminate against him when he is released from prision in 3 months.

·
Registered
6,741 Posts
I'm sure young 49 year old ex-con Maurice is a fine young man that would do anything for anybody and was turning his life around, and deserves youthful offender status.:rolleyes:
Robin

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Count the rounds in the photo. I wonder if King Andy or the Brooklyn DA would charge him with violations of the UNsafe act and show everyone they mean business. Not!.

Cops run into ex-con with loaded gun
So, the 'un-SAFE Act doesn't apply to NYC? I would say someone needs to sue the state over not charging this guy with a SAFE Act violation, and if they're not going to charge him under this new law, then everyone who has been charged under the law needs to have their charges dropped.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
So, the 'un-SAFE Act doesn't apply to NYC? I would say someone needs to sue the state over not charging this guy with a SAFE Act violation, and if they're not going to charge him under this new law, then everyone who has been charged under the law needs to have their charges dropped.
Of course un-SAFE applies in NYC. It just doesn't apply to criminals.

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
Hmm... a PT145 Pro 3rd gen... I know that gun well... not really what I would expect from a con, especially with that loadout.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I dunno, I get the feeling that the author of the story is somehow disappointed that they didn't blow the guy away. After all, he had a gun. He didn't point the gun at anybody. He didn't threaten. To me it is as if the author of the story is one of those pompous metros that believe that Gun Control is the theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to Police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound. I think the reporter is hoplohobic and figures that police should be shooting everyone they find with a gun tucked inside their waste band. JMO.
You are kidding, right?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
You are kidding, right?
About which part? LOL
The part that the reporter i s hoplohobic and figures that police should be shooting everyone they find with a gun tucked inside their waste band.
or
the author of the story is one of those pompous metros that believe that Gun Control is the theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to Police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
I guess I would have to say no. I m not kidding.
A hoplophobe has an unreasonable fear of guns. So in their world it is perfectly acceptable to shoot people just for owning or dare I say even just to want to own, or even to think about someday owning a firearm. That is why it is called unreasonable. I mean lock down a school because a piece of toast is in the shape of a gun? That is sick man.

The pompous metros are the ones that say don't carry a gun call 911. But in his defense, no one in NYC is allowed to carry so there are no stories of self defense with a gun to write about just victims. The only chance he would have to read about such an experience is from outside NYC and we all know how those are covered by the Main Stream.

So no, I guess I'm not really kidding at all.

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
What's the point of the article in the first place? Cops find someone with an illegal gun and they don't shoot him? Happens every day all across the country. Yawn...

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
About which part? LOL
The part that the reporter i s hoplohobic and figures that police should be shooting everyone they find with a gun tucked inside their waste band.
or
the author of the story is one of those pompous metros that believe that Gun Control is the theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her own pantyhose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to Police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.
I guess I would have to say no. I m not kidding.
A hoplophobe has an unreasonable fear of guns. So in their world it is perfectly acceptable to shoot people just for owning or dare I say even just to want to own, or even to think about someday owning a firearm. That is why it is called unreasonable. I mean lock down a school because a piece of toast is in the shape of a gun? That is sick man.

The pompous metros are the ones that say don't carry a gun call 911. But in his defense, no one in NYC is allowed to carry so there are no stories of self defense with a gun to write about just victims. The only chance he would have to read about such an experience is from outside NYC and we all know how those are covered by the Main Stream.

So no, I guess I'm not really kidding at all.
I definitely thought you were kidding...I can't even respond to that tirade...

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What's the point of the article in the first place? Cops find someone with an illegal gun and they don't shoot him? Happens every day all across the country. Yawn...
I posted the article to showcase the hypocrisy. There was no mention of the UNsafe act violation (9 rounds) which is championed by the NYC LibTARDS. And having had the first hand knowledge of the procedures in NYC, it's guaranteed that the DA's office will NOT file under the new (UNsafe) provisions.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts