New York Firearms Forum banner

Cool video showing how good a .22LR really is

2K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  kmussack 
#1 ·
.22LR LETHALITY - 300 Yard Ballistics Test - YouTube

Thought this video was pretty cool, I had no doubt a .22 was lethal, however this video impressed me with just HOW lethal it was at that range. I have heard people say a .22 couldn't kill them if they were shot by it, shows how much they know.

#3 ·
O I have known that it is lethal at long ranges too, it says right on the box deadly up to 1.5 miles, but at 300 yards and still did enough damage to take down a deer, it's pretty darn impressive, they were shooting loads a bit less then the standard high velocity rounds too, I bet mini magnums out of the 22LR can pack ALOT more of a punch then I thought.

#7 ·
now imagine these rounds:

Ammunition To Go : 100rds - 22LR Remington Yellow Jacket 33gr. Hollow Point Ammo [1700] - $7.95

Ammunition To Go : 50rds - .22LR CCI Stinger 32gr. Hyper Velocity Hollow Point Ammo [0050] - $5.95

bit of a lighter bullet but I bet they can reach out and slap you at 350-400 yards with the energy the shots in the video did at 300. Especially the second link 1640FPS is no joke.

Also @ Meke - did you notice them in the field? I had to wonder if they just shot over the cows heads lol.

#8 ·
I'm still skeptical. If what I'm hearing in the video is the gunshot before it hits the target, he was MUCH closer than he stated. I know it's almost a full second before I hear an impact at 194yds. It just doesn't seem right. I'm one of those that doesn't believe it unless I see it for myself.

#9 ·
Seems to be enough of a delay there for me, 1400 FPS is about 450 yards in one second, I know the bullet decelerates but I think at 300 yards the delay was about where it should be.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.