New York Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Airsoft War AK47 G36 G&G Scar L85 Type97B Scotland HD - YouTube

Now everyone says Airsoft is just for guys who wanna play army, but hey I've played paintball and I have to admit it is very fun, I just wish that they could somehow incorporate cheap (and safe) blanks and realistically sized magazines (30 rounds instead of a few hundred) so you get the noise disorientation, and need to conserve ammunition and the recoil of the rifle added into the game.

Have to admit most of these guns looked super realistic and if they didn't cost as much as a real AR I'd get one lol

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have no clue.
Those Airsoft Brits are going to be great at tactics but then w/o actual weapons when they need them.
Never played that game but anyway it seems a healthy way to burn your free time.
It sure does burn calories, I remember going up into the woods with my friends for paintball once time, played for 4 hours, wandered out of the woods and found out we were close to 10 miles away from home, just from running and gunning playing paintball.

· Registered
2,316 Posts
They have paintball guns as you describe. You can outfit a tippmann A5 to take 20 round magazines, and you don't lose the function of a hopper if you want to switch back. All handguns that I can think of are also magazine fed.

Another company that does it is Tiberius arms. They also make a paintball called the first strike that is MUCH more accurate than a normal paintball. They cost a ton more as well though.

The problem is you have to have a group agree to use all milsim stuff or you get murdered by the nicer speedball stuff. My paintball gun can easily do 15 balls a second in semi, and when you can shoot that fast aiming is just walking it in.

I just had a kid though so I got to get rid of it. Have to slim down on some of the hobbies.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I had a Spyder MR1 that was pretty neat, I love paintballing myself but I always wanted a more "realistic" experience without that whole possibility of dying thing going on.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LOL That guys reaction is great!

"OW! F%*$IN STING LIKE A MOTHER F*%#ER!!!"

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
Realistic airsoft guns can be ABSURDLY expensive. Think MORE than the REAL THING. I've seen airsoft ARs that cost much more than my real one.

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Realistic airsoft guns can be ABSURDLY expensive. Think MORE than the REAL THING. I've seen airsoft ARs that cost much more than my real one.
I know, which is sad, I'd like to get into it but I want a real AR not some plastic BB **** for that much money.

· Registered
2,028 Posts
Simunation gear and weapons = very expensive. That is why you don't see it in wide use (usually only by law enforcement).

Airsoft guns do exist with 30 round magazines for electric guns.

You can also get GBBR (Gas Blow Back Rifles) which function just like the real thing, using gas. They have 30-50 round magazines and do have some recoil.

They are so realistic that the ATF has to control how they are made, the ones that are legally sold in the U.S. because they can EASILY be turned into a real firearm (at least the imported/illegal ones without the ATF modifications).

You can even take an actual AR lower and use it for airsoft, if you so desire.

Take a look at this one.
LM4 PTR Gas Blowback Professional Training Rifle - KWA - YouTube

· Registered
5,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Simunation gear and weapons = very expensive. That is why you don't see it in wide use (usually only by law enforcement).

You can also get GBBR (Gas Blow Back Rifles) which function just like the real thing, using gas. They have 30-50 round magazines and do have some recoil.

They are so realistic that the ATF has to control how they are made, the ones that are legally sold in the U.S. because they can EASILY be turned into a real firearm (at least the imported/illegal ones without the ATF modifications).

Take a look at this one.
BOy those do look awesome, but holy price tag, I'd rather own 2 Mosin Nagants and pop watermelons at 300 yards then spend that much, if only they were cheaper :(

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts

Take a look at this one.
The ATF also says AIRSOFT guns can be easily converted into live firing guns. Don't believe a word they say.

· Registered
8,557 Posts
I know, which is sad, I'd like to get into it but I want a real AR not some plastic BB **** for that much money.
Simunation gear and weapons = very expensive. That is why you don't see it in wide use (usually only by
I have paintball guns that cost as much as a preban AR does these days. At one point I had 15k tied up in paintball gear, glad I have got back into shooting real guns. Just as fun and less expeNsive.

· Postmaster General
23,190 Posts
I have paintball guns that cost as much as a preban AR does these days. At one point I had 15k tied up in paintball gear, glad I have got back into shooting real guns. Just as fun and less expeNsive.
And whenever you try and explain this to people, that "Hey, I'd rather just buy a REAL firearm for that price.", you get "BUT YOU CAN'T SHOOT YOUR FRIENDS WITH A REAL FIREARM." I agree, but given the choice between a real Lamborghini and a Fisher Price simulation at the same price, I'd pick the real one as well even though you can't put it on the road without a driver's license and insurance.

· Registered
8,557 Posts
And whenever you try and explain this to people, that "Hey, I'd rather just buy a REAL firearm for that price.", you get "BUT YOU CAN'T SHOOT YOUR FRIENDS WITH A REAL FIREARM." I agree, but given the choice between a real Lamborghini and a Fisher Price simulation at the same price, I'd pick the real one as well even though you can't put it on the road without a driver's license and insurance.
I used to say paintball is the only sport where you can legally shoot your kids.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.