New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious if I was to use a lone wolf conversion barrel for a glock 23 to shoot 9mm just to use for range shooting, would that be a problem here in NYC ? Do I have to notified 1pp to informed them about the barrel conversion?**

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was just curious if I was to use a lone wolf conversion barrel for a glock 23 to shoot 9mm just to use for range shooting, would that be a problem here in NYC ? Do I have to notified 1pp to informed them about the barrel conversion?**
I don't know what License Division's policy on this is, but I know in other counties you have to get you license amended to reflect both calibers. You'd probably never get caught, but it pays to be on the safe side by calling 1PP. I'm curious to hear other NYC experiences with this since I'm thinking of picking up a T/C contender.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I don't know what License Division's policy on this is, but I know in other counties you have to get you license amended to reflect both calibers.
St. Lawrence county is like this. I bought a .22 conversion for my .45, and I was required to add the .22 onto my permit. Wasn't much of an issue, I simply went to the permit office, and they added the .22 to my permit with the same serial number as my .45.

@Alinero718: At the very least call the permit office, and see what they say. Better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
820 Posts
I was told by someone at my local NYC range NOT to contact 1PP as it will only make them angry. The frame of the gun is what has the serial #, so that's what's registered on your license. There are so many barrel conversion possibilities--.357 sig/9mm/40, .45/22, etc.--it would seem crazy to get your license amended to reflect every possibility since they don't specifically tell you to, UNLESS the issue is you buying or transporting ammo for a caliber that's not otherwise listed on your license.

If you do contact 1PP, please let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Will you leave the barrel in the gun for home protection? Since in NYC unless you are privledged, this will not be CCW. Do you put the barrel in the pistol prior to boxing it up for the range or swap it at the range?

I would only be concerned if swapping barrel and leaving it in the pistol for CCW or home defense. God forbid you had to use your pistol, you want everything as straight and narrow as possible. Look at NY gun laws. antis made adjusting length of pull illegal..... It won't take much for a DA to turn you into Lee Harvey Oswald because you had a caliber conversion barrel installed to lower shooting costs.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will you leave the barrel in the gun for home protection? Since in NYC unless you are privledged, this will not be CCW. Do you put the barrel in the pistol prior to boxing it up for the range or swap it at the range?

I would only be concerned if swapping barrel and leaving it in the pistol for CCW or home defense. God forbid you had to use your pistol, you want everything as straight and narrow as possible. Look at NY gun laws. antis made adjusting length of pull illegal..... It won't take much for a DA to turn you into Lee Harvey Oswald because you had a caliber conversion barrel installed to lower shooting costs.
I was only going to Be using it at the range, doing a barrel swap at the range.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts