New York Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From WHEC TV "News 10" in Rochester's Facebook page...

A young woman spotted an ad on the back of a city bus--letting people know where they can buy "ammo" for their guns.
She calls it "offensive" in light of the violence in the community. What do you think? Share with us your comments and we'll be talking with both sides--on Roc City Tonight at 7.

306800_10150986183399215_463903348_n.jpg

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
LOL, wow. I am not sure how they are going to have "both" sides when they have not even contacted the business owner. It's free advertising during prim-time! :)

·
Premium Member
10,553 Posts
If you don't like it, move to canada.

·
The artist formerly known as jhm8071
5,143 Posts
All but a couple of the 80 comments weren't opposed to the ad. Seems like there isn't much controversy. Kordell's getting more advertising than he payed for. Looks like it was a smart decision.

·
I proposed in my NYFirearms.com t-shirt
1,647 Posts
i've now posted and so have a few of my friends.

i imagine this should be a traffic boost for him!

This might have backfired on what news 10 thought they would get on facebook.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
i'm so tired of being expected to "hide" the fact that people have guns.... "it's ok but keep it a secret"

screw that

·
Registered
5,413 Posts
Will any of the LEOs on here give her a ticket for messing with her cell while driving? I only ask because being dumb enough to complain about this is still legal so you can't get her on that.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Kordell is a top notch professional from my experience with him. He sold me my Taurus pt92 which I love, and also did the transfer on my grandfathers .22 pistol. I'm very happy that he's been able to open a 2nd store, and now is advertising publically.

Those who find it offensive can all go to hell. I'll be checking out the comments on the news sites and leaving positive comments.

·
I kill deer... and I like it
1,336 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
another prime example of how sad our public has gotten.... i mean really? your offended? I thought this was america, where free speech was a right as is the ability to make your own way in capitalism.

crap i mean come on.... why are we so worried about everyones feelings all the time... its just rediculous. isnt forcing your own stupid opinions on "whats offensive" on me the same as me trying to force my own opinions on you? now some things YES should be a social faux paux, racism, bigotry, etc. universally demeaning and bad things...

but hell if my neighbor wants to mow his lawn in his boxers i dont care, even if its disgusting. i just dont look... I'm not going to start a petition.. jesus this is america for F's sake. land of the free.

·
Registered
522 Posts
and on a side note... this is a local business promoting... who pays taxes, more so than a local food mart, and those taxes go back into the community (hopefully) as opposed to a national business that gets by with almost nothing.

im so sick of the whine - asses..... just gets me furious. if you dont like it stfu and mind your own business.... these people let politicians bend us over every term and yet cry foul because someone does something they dont like and manage to get something done to make that thing "unacceptable" damn busy bodies.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Thanks for the support guys! What was a complaint turned into a great ad for the shop during prime time TV. We appreciate the support and business! I hope this does not get deleted as I know our shop does not advertise on here. Thank you all!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts